France records all-time highest temperature of 44.3C

1 Like

Taiwan’s weather looking rather balmy by comparison. Blues skies and a few clouds down here in the south. A lovely day.

Some years ago (2004?) there was a heat wave in France with lots of dead. Apparently their houses are not really well design for extreme temperatures like these, not many AC’s or not back then.

1 Like

https://www.euronews.com/2019/06/28/heatwave-red-alert-in-france-as-45c-expected-in-the-south

2003, I did grape picking that year in Beaujolais :grin: we started as 25 people and ended 12 people after 9 days (usually it lasts 15 days but many grapes were burnt).

la vache :noway:

1 Like

It got up to 38 yesterday in Tuscany. I think it will get to 45 this year. It was around that 2 years ago in a 3 month drought

If Aussies can survive in the middle of the country (Alice Springs…), European can as well. Problem is that I know most people in France do not have AC and I suspect it’s the same in Italy, Spain, etc.

2 Likes

We call this “Tuesday” in Kaohsiung.

3 Likes

simple…
Step 1. soak a shirt in water
Step 2. turn on fan
Step 3. be in front of fan
voila, poor man’s A/C

3 Likes

No, it depends on the area, because some regions are freaking hot and they do have AC’s there.

1 Like

If grandchildren are in the plans, start buying pretty acreage near a highway in alaska now.

That is sahara desert heat. incredible or as the french say
En Cray Ah Bleh, something like that.

Last time there were 30 thousand people dead from the heat. This is just June, summer is just beginning…

Wow … it’s hot enough to boil a monkey’s bum . I have no idea where I have heard that expression before :thinking:

It happened last year as well when there were record temps across Spain.

Global warming is real.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that in 2019 some are still debating this…

Human migration on horizon will transform all borders economically, politically, ideologically, culturally, linguistically, intellectually, existentially etc etc.

1 Like

Siberia will be the place to be in the 22nd century.

It was certainly nice of Summer to fall on a weekend this year in the UK