Frank Hsieh's chances in 2008

Evidence please.

To my knowledge this was just a rumor and no substantial evidence have ever come to light on the subject.

Also it is illegal to “out” one’s own intelligence gatherer as events in the USA have shown.

YOU asking others for evidence to support their claims is priceless. talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

EDIT: SHIT, I did it again. I am out of here… mental note: put ac droopout back on my ignore list.

Evidence please.[/quote]

I think Feiren’s doing that ipso facto thinggy… you know KMT = {insert your favorite insult … }

That was a good rant though. :laughing:

Yeah, I need to keep out of Forumosa’s politics forum as well.

The DPP stands for Taiwanese nationalism, while the KMT stands/stood for Chinese nationalism. I expect both would tell a westerner to piss off on social and cultural issues. However, the KMT has the brains and the experience to realize that you cannot ignore the rest of the world - you have to use it. Wasn’t the whole idea of the technocrat/education abroad thing to learn foreign business and economics and use it to improve Taiwan?

Back on topic, I agree that Frankie was seriously outmaneuvered when he took the premiership. He’s got to distance himself from CSB as soon as possible if he has any prayer of a future. The interesting thing to me is that CSB refuses to choose a successor and keeps knocking out all the potential candidates.

[quote=“taiwansotherside”]The DPP stands for Taiwanese nationalism, while the KMT stands/stood for Chinese nationalism. I expect both would tell a westerner to piss off on social and cultural issues. However, the KMT has the brains and the experience to realize that you cannot ignore the rest of the world - you have to use it. Wasn’t the whole idea of the technocrat/education abroad thing to learn foreign business and economics and use it to improve Taiwan?

Back on topic, I agree that Frankie was seriously outmaneuvered when he took the premiership. He’s got to distance himself from CSB as soon as possible if he has any prayer of a future. The interesting thing to me is that CSB refuses to choose a successor and keeps knocking out all the potential candidates.[/quote]

Yeah the KMT sure used its brains and experience well, when it first got kicked out of China, then got kicked out of the UN, was berated by parts of the US Senate for stalling defense. Yes, when it comes to the world, the KMT definitely used it to its own disadvantage.

Does anyone honestly believe the DPP could have gotten the TRA passed after being kicked out of the UN?

A lot these international faux pas could have been avoided in CSB administration if they could get past their own racism and kept on more experienced WSR and pan-Blue counterparters as consultants or mentors.

The problem with the DPP on a certain level is that it is a pure meritocracy. It is a free for all. This comes at a cost which is no one has much experience doing anything but garning voting.

But Hsieh problem is not just his lack of international experience. It more like he has Su and Annette Lu ready to cut him down at a moments notice.

Not to mention fragmentation of the younger more ideal DPP members in the “New DPP” movement.

This is why the KMT are trying to merge with the PFP. They know their days are numbered, so they must merge to barely survive in Taiwanese elections.

Meanwhile, the DPP and TSU have been growing in numbers and creating new Taiwanese parties in the process from all the differing factions

:bravo: And treated international consultants better than “circus animals.” The paradox of the “Taiwan Independence movement” is that they want international support for their cause, but they are incapable of treating foreigners with respect. For that very reason, it would be very hard to gather a lot of support from Western democracies if “shit ever hit the fan.” It is also why “Taidu” has never gotten the support internationally that the “Free Tibet” movement has. Tibetan spokespeople are a hell of a lot more tolerant than your average Taidu supporter.

If not all Chinese consciously “believe” in Confucianism, their thinking and behavior are still Confucian in nature. It’s engrained in the culture. It shouldn’t be considered as something negative in a majority Chinese country that a leader thinks in a Confucian manner, particuarly when he’s internationally-minded and outward-looking the way Ma is.

“Flaming Chinese nationalist?” Isn’t he the Chairman of the Chinese Nationalist Party? Besides, there’s nothing wrong with promoting Chinese cultural activities and Mandarin Chinese, rather than the alternative favored by the pan-greens.

What’s wrong with working for Jiang Jingguo? Under Jiang Jingguo, Taiwan’s politics and society became more open, its economy improved, and Jiang lifted Martial Law. He also appointed native Taiwanese to positions of power, and allowed the DPP to exist in a time when opposition political parties were still illegal.

[quote] Frank Hsieh’s chances in 2008
[/quote]

Should be Frank Xie :slight_smile:

[quote=“Etheorial”][quote]
What’s wrong with working for Jiang Jingguo? Under Jiang Jingguo, Taiwan’s politics and society became more open, its economy improved, and Jiang lifted Martial Law. He also appointed native Taiwanese to positions of power, and allowed the DPP to exist in a time when opposition political parties were still illegal.[/quote][/quote]

Well, that was big of him. :unamused:

Now Frank Hsieh is in deep shit for his handling of the fishing industry.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003281196

The Blues like to scapegoat the man on top, especially when its not their people.

EVERY political party likes to scapegoat the man on top when its not their people. And Hsieh stuck his clumsy and inept foot in his mouth by saying a 70% cut in the fleet is not serious. What a stupid prick. :unamused:

The two names that I’d like to see on the pan-green presidential ticket in 2008 are Lin Hsin-I and Tsai Ying-wen.

Of course, it couldn’t possibly happen, though either might get the VP nomination. I believe they’d give Ma a better run for his money than just about any other viable candidate, and I’m sure they’d be bloody good at the jobs.

Actually, the DPP bigwig who has perhaps benefited most from Hsieh’s inept performance as premier is Yu Shyi-kun. It had looked as if he was more or less out of the picture as a contender for the succession, but now Hsieh’s premiership is making Yu’s term as head of government look altogether more positive, and he could even be in line to replace Hsieh for another spell of running the show. Personally, I like him a lot, and would much rather see him in the presidential office than the likes of the present incumbent or Hsieh.

Arrogant, stewardess-chasing, presidential-nurse lusting, fourth-rate mind Government Information Officer Minister Pasuya Yao quotes Premier Frank Hsieh as saying this about the “Special Task Force” for the KRTC. Two days after the riot, I mentioned that I believed Hsieh was involved in this. I know how dirty that PO staff is. After all, I saw them on a daily basis in my old job :unamused:

[quote=“Frank Hsieh”]
Some people would invite three or four people to organize a “sepcial task force” to inspect the KRTC and the company has no option but to cooperate. We really don’t have time for this. I wish these people would stop what they are doing. [/quote]

The sad thing is that Yu’s PO office people are just as dirty. Lots of dirt on them :smiling_imp:

I don’t have a particularly negative impression of the poor blundering young fellow, but I do think of and refer to him as “Paisay Yao” due to his constantly needing to apologize about something or other.

Whether its Pasuya acting like a clown on Latin American diplomatic trips, Yu’s former PO proteges drinking on the job and spouting anti-foreigner statements, or Hsieh wanting to cover up K-city mess, the smell is bad, bad, and bad.

These people don’t deserve our respect. :noway:

And yet, it seems there are more DPP/TI supporters than KMT/eventual reunification supporters among the expats living the taiwan. At least judging from this very own forum.