Fredfest IX: Nine Lives

That’s what a Fred Fest is??? And here I was dying of curiosity.

The white figure on the left is Fred.

(The one on the right is his mother.)

stage right or audience right?

Why how clever of you MT. That looks like the set of Parsifal. And you know how I “feel” about Wagner!

How do u know it’s Wagner’s version?

Actually, if it is Wagner, that’s a surprise to me. The caption stated that it was a satanic ritual from Bohemiam Grove, which seemed fitting to me.

I had considered posting this pic from “Fred Fest VI, The Mark of The Beast,” but I didn’t want to scare off any new initiates.

uuugggh MT, a baby!!! NAh this would have been more appropriate but not many women so I doubt it…

As for the secret handshake, I realize this disclosure will result in my permanent banishment from The Order, but, in case you wondered . . .

:laughing: :laughing: consider your self banished!!!

How do u know it’s Wagner’s version?[/quote]
There’s only one “version” of Parsifal. Gilbert & Sullivan and Andrew Lloyd Webber all abandoned the project.

If there are crying infants around, especially on airplanes, you can just hand that knife to me. No need for the ritual.

Menu to be posted soon. Cfm venue is Grand Hotel VIP Suite 102 7:00 PM Saturday July 10.

Fred

MT:

How you do run on but with a most amusing touch. What say you to Fredfest IX? This may be your last chance to come. Will you continue to harbor ill will against the Bohemians, er, me because of my nasty barbs regarding your passion for Che Guevara? Why not come and drink more than your share of Champagne? Nothing would hurt me more…

This will be the menu. It is the same as the last time we were there. I am going with this again as this seemed to go over quite well and covered all the bases. NT$2,000/person including tax/service charge.

涼拌豆魚
Vegetable Bean Curd Leaf Roll
宜蘭鴨賞
Smoked and Corned Duck Meet
巧手圓籠(小籠包、牛肉蒸餃、玉翠燒賣)

Steamed Pork Buns, Beef Dumpling, Shrimp and Chinese Shao-Mai

蘿蔔絲餅
Crispy Shredded Turnip Biscuits

蟹肉海皇羹
Braised Seafood Soup with Crab Meat
清蒸海斑片
Steamed Fish
清炒蝦仁
Stir-fried Shrimp
香煎羊小排
Grilled Lamb Chops
宮保雞丁
蔥爆牛肉
Sautéed Beef Slices with Scallion
西式蛋糕盤
The Cake
香醇咖啡或茶
The Coffee or Tea

1. Fee
  2. Tigerman
  3. Maoman
  4. Fred
  5. MJB
  6. Lupillus
  7. Wookiee
  8. Chris
  9. Jaboney
  10. Big John
  11. Urodacus
  12. Hobbes
  13. Jeff T.
  14. Emily T.
  15. Nick M.
  16. Gaynor W.
  17. Politbureau

Tentative

1. Jack Burton
  2. Mick

Orright then, eh…

Thanks fred. Sorry to miss it, but I “feel” I will be washing my hair that night.

Actually, there are other reasons I can’t make it, but I’m sure the food and conversation will be great (notwithstanding the obvious :wink: ) and I am very tempted. But alas, it’s not to be. Have a good one.

MT: I am going to tell everyone that you are afraid of being shown up by me. Of course, at Fredfest, I do not think that we have ever engaged in political discussions so you would actually be able to sneak in and have no one know that you were the cowardly liberal that you are… :laughing:

Pussy, MT!

I’m flying in from another goddam country and you have to wash your hair???

Right, said fred. Now we have to divvy up the red and white wine tasks. I’ve got no idea what I’ll be bringing as I will be flying without luggage and hence can’t carry any grog other than duty free stuff.

Actually, at this point, if one and all can advise what they are bringing Champagne and red/white wise, I will start the process of sorting through. I would say at this point that given that Champagne satisfies most white wine urges that 75% of the remainder should be red if that is okay…

Red…