FREE classified ad postings

Seeing as Forumosa.com feels it should now charge for a commonly free service, I would like to know where else to go for “buy and sell” classifieds.

Huh? What are you talking about? :s We’re as free as a bird, baby… :sunglasses:

Huh? What are you talking about? :s We’re as free as a bird, baby… :sunglasses:[/quote]

The following statment was offered to me buy the forumosa website
“Cost (in credits) of ads in this category: 0
Your credit balance: 0” Now I understand it… although at first glance, it seemed like a cost feature. Otherwise, why would I be reminded I have no credits if the service is free? Anyhow, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully others are not getting the same impression as the new system seems to have far less posts.

I’m guessing the software (which gus installed but didn’t write) has the feature to charge for ads. But all the prices are set to zero.

Yes, there is a feature to charge for ads. We plan to keep the Forumosafieds FREE of charge, EXCEPT for ads looking for an English Teacher. For the next 2 or 3 months, ALL ads (including looking for teacher ads) will be free - we need to build up a critical mass :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback - I hope to address this misconception by adding more explicit explanations inside the website and upload a help guide, too.

The website is still in BETA, and there are a number of issues that still need to be decided upon. For one, the length of ads is long (90 days), we’ve just decided to simplify and shorten ad lengths to 3, 4, and 5 weeks. But I haven’t gotten around to making that adjustment yet. For another, we still want to switch on a Big-5 Chinese language set.