社區健康篩檢活動 - Free health check in Taipei

I don’t know how many of foreigners in Taipei know about free health check provided by Taipei health center. The facebook if of Songshan district, but actually I am in Neihu and my wife received a notice last month, not me. There are similar activities in all districts. Google 台北市社區健康篩檢活動 and you will find info, only it seems in Chinese. Age limitations apply: general checkup for older than 40. Anyhow, it is free. Just take your ARC and 健保卡 with you. I will go for one 社區健康篩檢 tomorrow.

The result of google search 台北市社區健康篩檢活動 shows that this is done by health centers of each district, in other words, not a concerted effort of entire Taipei city. It might be the reason that I cannot find this info in English and I did not have receieve a notice.

3 Likes

I just had one of those done a few months back. It wasn’t that comprehensive, but it was free. Be prepared to wait in long lines.

I’m not surprised, given how long people are willing to wait in line here for a tiny bit of Costco beef or a slightly cheaper milk tea. What did they actually do during the health check?

It was a few months ago, so my memory is already hazy (should have had that checked!), but I remember vision and hearing test, examination for oral cancer, stool check for colon cancer, pap smear for the ladies, blood drawn for blood work…

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound too bad for a free test. I was imagining something like just checking blood pressure, heartbeat, and eyes and the doctor telling you you’re fine.

Well, our tax dollars are paying for it. But yeah, it definitely could have been more perfunctory.

And how was this carried out? While you were waiting in the long line?

Ha ha. Mail-in, and they sent the results back later.

1 Like

A betelnut a day keeps healthy away.

That’s a real slogan from a TV campaign I saw at TMUH. Stay off those betelnuts guys…

You need to poop on the spot?

I already answered this. You just wanted to write “poop on the spot,” didn’t you?

What? Poop mailed through Chunghwa Post, was it sealed properly?

1 Like

Just came home. Mine was very simple, basically blood work only, because I have some other test last year and not necessary to take the same test. My wife had more like pap test. They gave us NT100 for easy card, snacks, hand soap and etc. Not bad.

Possible to pay to do this if under 40? Wife’s family member was found to have lung cancer in very early stages due to this program last year and it was immediately removed. Now I’m paranoid and want the check too.

This is just an example of heath check for fee at Kangning hospital at Neihu. There are different types of checkup plans depending of your need and budget. I believe any hosptail in Taiwan offers some kind of health check. Even clinics. Try find a 家醫科 clinic and you can find a basic health check plan.

Free check up is offered to anyone over the age of 45 once every two years. Basic blood and urine test. Chest X ray. Pap smear and mammogram for women. Anyone can also walk into any hospital and ask their family physician for the same tests. National Health Insurance program is very generous to middle age and senior patients. Affordable healthcare is the one of the perks of living in Taiwan.

1 Like