Free Loaner Car for Warranty Work?

Do dealership service stations in Taiwan, specifically Honda, provide free loaner cars for warranty repairs?

Have you asked Honda?

I know this is common in the states because cars are not optional in most places, but in Taiwan there’s a lot of public transport option… So I wouldn’t know if this is the practice here.

I’ve got loners in the past although never dealt with Honda. Even got a loner once when the car went into the garage because I was rear ended and the other persons insurances guy was telling me the don’t do that here, until I threatened to contact their customer, since it was their fault and they gave me a loner.

But if it’s a repair under warranty, they should give you a loner.

1 Like

I went to a Honda dealer one time to get them to have an insurance agent come over to get an estimate for damage to my car. I did not get a loner. When I came back around lunch-time they asked me what I was there for. They seemed confused. They had not gotten around to looking at the car. That was a huge waste of time. I left and did not go back.

I think it depends on the value of your car and how much money they expect to make from you on maintenance or repairs, or how much they care you come back. Honestly, in Taiwan, if they give you a loner, you are probably getting cheated on the maintenance cost.