Free Saddam Hussein cookies at Xinlong supermarket

I just bought some fruit and veg. at Xinlong supermarket and was handed two packets of cookies. Each cookie’s wrapper has a picture of Saddam Hussein’s face with the caption ‘I didn’t deploy nuclear weapons’.

Yet another ‘how bizarre is Taiwan?’ moment.

Also look for Osama crayons, but I think that’s just a coincidence.
Don’t tell me, they think Saddam Hussein a ‘Powerful leader’ just like hitler

[quote=“joesax”]I just bought some fruit and veg. at Xinlong supermarket and was handed two packets of cookies. Each cookie’s wrapper has a picture of Saddam Hussein’s face with the caption ‘I didn’t deploy nuclear weapons’.

Yet another ‘how bizarre is Taiwan?’ moment.[/quote]

Ha, I got a pack of Bush ones too. I can’t remember the quote though!

Can I get a “Free Saddam Hussein” T-Shirt too ?

[quote=“joesax”]I just bought some fruit and veg. at Xinlong supermarket and was handed two packets of cookies. Each cookie’s wrapper has a picture of Saddam Hussein’s face with the caption ‘I didn’t deploy nuclear weapons’.

Yet another ‘how bizarre is Taiwan?’ moment.[/quote]

You mean ‘how utterly ignorant/racist/ridiculous is Taiwan?’ moment!

How about some Jiang Zemin cookies with “Noone died in Tiananmen Square”, or “We care about our Taiwan compatriots” ? What makes Saddam Hussein less evil or less offensive than Jiang or Mao Zedong ?

Jiang and Mao are Chinese? :laughing:

Jiang threatens Taiwan, that’s why folk here dislike him. If he merely massacred Tibetans, slaughtered Muslims, and repressed his own people, no Taiwanese would give a shit. Indonesia’s behaviour in East Timor (200,000+ dead) means nothing (but some Taiwanese got upset when some ethnic Chinese suffered cruelty).

[quote]Jiang and Mao are Chinese?[/quote]Bingo ! Or put it another way, Saddam and Hitler are not Chinese and very far away, and didn’t kill many Chinese, so that’s ok then.

Imagine my surprise when I was handed a packet which had a picture of Fredericka Blimmel and a caption reading “English grammar is fun!”. On the back was some argument over the terms “my girlfriend” and “the girlfriend”. Didn’t read it, but the cookies were nice!!

What is the best way to eat a Fredericka Bimmel biscuit ? Suck all the chocolate off first, bite the head off, or dunk it in coffee ?

Ask them for the packet with Kim Jong-Il on it saying “I have deployed nuclear weapons.”

Fredericka Bimmel bUScuits are dry, bitter and flaky. Best eaten with a pint of Guinness to aid digestion. :?

That may be true, but the best part is that they have an expiry date of March, 2013.

I think it’s just a ploy between Bush and Hussein to see how many people would choose one cookie over the other. I bet they both had a slight nutty flavor…

This rice cracker/peanut cracker is from I-Mei Foods, I think. BTW, the Bush version of the cookies goes like:

“Saddam, you endanger the world!”

The only cookies on the market that dunk each other in milk…

I went to an e-mei to look for these cookies but I couldn’t find them, But I did find some Iris cookies with a picture of Iris saying ‘I miss Rascal’.

I made that last bit up but I did find ‘Iris’ cookies.

:smiley:

Do they have peanuts???

Did the Iris cookies have peanuts ? I didn’t want to look that closely :blush:
Or do you mean Iris peanuts ?