Free Webspace for upload of BIG files?

Hi. Does anybody know a site that offers free space for upload, storage & linking of large files, 3-4MB? Thanks a lot! :?

This might be useful:

hotdrive.com/index.php

BlueFace, thanks. I tried them out, but they don’t allow links to the files you uploaded, which is what I am looking for. Thanks anyway!

It’s not quite free, but at $18/year it’s pretty darn close:

8-95.com/

Click on briefcase
For pictures, click on Pictures photoalbum)

Stevieboy,

thanks, space-wise a great tip (considering the fact that as a yahoo-member I already had an account there without realizing it!!), unfortunately they too won’t allow to link to the files you’ve uploaded there. I’m looking for a space to upload some mp3’s to provide download-links for my borther’s band …

Thanks!

Stevieboy,

thanks, space-wise a great tip (considering the fact that as a yahoo-member I already had an account there without realizing it!!), unfortunately they too won’t allow to link to the files you’ve uploaded there. I’m looking for a space to upload some mp3’s to provide download-links for my borther’s band …

Thanks!

That’s one of the reasons people use zip files of mp3 etc. To allow downloading. strictly not necessary, but if you can’t upload the file any other way (some websites don’t like mp3s etc), it will work

Not very efficient, but might help.

You could get a webhosting account and store the files there? So you could get a domain like www.yourbrothersbandname.com as well.

If you are trying to promote recordings of your own band’s music via putting mp3 files on the internet then SonicAwareness might be a very good bet. It is at www.sonicawareness.com

[quote=“SonicAwareness”]A Musical Community, and Full Service Promotion Company!

SonicAwareness is a place for people who love the world of music and sound. It is also a place where Independent Musicians may increase their audience, and access all kinds of products and services that will help them promote their music and sell their products.

Here, people who are interested in talent and artistry, who want to explore different styles, genres and discover new, cutting-edge artists can come for an engaging experience. On SonicAwareness, artists and listeners are brought together through their musical influences, backgrounds, and preferences.

The goal of SonicAwareness is to make it easy for listeners to find and purchase Music they’ll love, and help musicians increase their fan base and take control over their music and career!

“Why Are You Doing This?”

SonicAwareness is dedicated to providing Products and services that will increase the fan base of the musicians on site, and help advance their careers. Furthermore, SonicAwareness aims to provide Listeners with easy access to cutting-edge music. This is why every effort is made to ensure the experience of the musician and listener is enjoyable and enlightening.

This is why SonicAwareness actively promote the musicians featured on this site.

This is why musicians receive the bulk of the money earned every time they sell something through the Online Shop.

This is why user agreements with musicians are non-exclusive, so that musicians can maintain the rights to their music.[/quote]

If that doesn’t do it for you then google for pages using keywords like: “upload mp3s” bands