Free zip software

I want to start using limewire sharefile program, but I need a zip software to open the stuff I want to see. Where can I get free zip?

thanks

jdsostupidatanythingPCrelated

Winzip. At download.com.

izarc.org/download.html
This one is freeware.

Try to get an older version. The newest version forces you wait.

Thanks gents! :slight_smile:

7-Zip. www.7-zip.org

I use 7-Zip on all my machines. Great program.

Try to get an older version. The newest version forces you wait.[/quote]

Yup. And to get older versions of this (and all sorts of legally free software), go to www.oldversion.com .

What a great discussion just when I need it! A user of limewire sent me some zips, and I’ve got an expired download that has stopped working until I purchase.

I visited the 7-Zip page, and am trying to figure out the difference between the 821 KB version and the 1104 KB version. Anyone know? I’ve got Windows XP Professional. Does one work with it and not the other? Inquiring minds so want to know! :sunglasses:

[quote=“alwayslol”]What a great discussion just when I need it! A user of limewire sent me some zips, and I’ve got an expired download that has stopped working until I purchase.

I visited the 7-Zip page, and am trying to figure out the difference between the 821 KB version and the 1104 KB version. Anyone know? I’ve got Windows XP Professional. Does one work with it and not the other? Inquiring minds so want to know! :sunglasses:[/quote]

The 821kb version is for the 32-bit version of Windows…the larger is for the 64-bit version. I very much doubt you’re running 64-bit so just get the 821kb download.

Thank you, Comrade.

I don’t really get the whole bits thing. How do I know what I’ve got?

BTW, no offence, but I have to cover up your picture when I’m browsing-the movement and/or color makes my stomach a little nauseous. Sorry!

Thanks again!

[quote=“alwayslol”]Thank you, Comrade.

I don’t really get the whole bits thing. How do I know what I’ve got?

BTW, no offence, but I have to cover up your picture when I’m browsing-the movement and/or color makes my stomach a little nauseous. Sorry!

Thanks again![/quote]

If you don’t know which one you’ve got, then can safely assume you’ve got 32bit (as CS kind of mentioned).