Freelance for Taiwanese company (and a pension question)

I recently quit my day job with a local consultancy (actually is the branch of a european one but everything runs and deals according to taiwanese law/authorities etc) but i maintain. a freelance relationship with them.

Ok, question 1
The quick/per project rates will be under NTD 100.000 (and will not exceed the 1 million/per year, as i saw in another post that it is the limit/year for tax-free) and as i am just a freelancer i can not provide them with a receipt upon i receive the money.

The secretary told me that just the invoice with my Taiwanese bank account is enough. However, if by the law i am not allowed to freelance without registering as self-employed, then i guess it is very likely the tax authorities will find out.

The other option is through my wife’s parents-owned company (that could justify the services) i could provide everything but i do not really wish to involve them as it is to much to trouble their accountant for invoices,receipts,money transfer etc.

The main question is if i can provide services for local companies without formally registering myself as self-employed. Just to note, later this year, i am leaving the country, i do not intend to provide services to locals so i do not want to register a company here + i do not wish to have money transfered to my bank at my home-country as i may have issues with the tax-authorities there.

question 2

Being married with a Taiwanese, since last year my company was paying for my pension/retirement. Now of course this is over as i left but i wonder if there is any way that as i will be paying for my Health Insurance if i can pay for my pension while i am here in Taiwan as well as when i will be away.

Thanks a lot for any info.

ps. my wife looked online the Taiwanese websites and she found this : jmkang.pixnet.net/blog/post/9190 … F%E9%A1%8C

but as she explained is more for translation/copyright/writing services and not my kind of services.

[quote=“aim”]I recently quit my day job with a local consultancy (actually is the branch of a european one but everything runs and deals according to taiwanese law/authorities etc) but i maintain. a freelance relationship with them.

Ok, question 1
The quick/per project rates will be under NTD 100.000 (and will not exceed the 1 million/per year, as I saw in another post that it is the limit/year for tax-free) and as I am just a freelancer i can not provide them with a receipt upon i receive the money.

The secretary told me that just the invoice with my Taiwanese bank account is enough. However, if by the law I am not allowed to freelance without registering as self-employed, then i guess it is very likely the tax authorities will find out.

The other option is through my wife’s parents-owned company (that could justify the services) i could provide everything but I do not really wish to involve them as it is to much to trouble their accountant for invoices,receipts,money transfer etc.

The main question is if i can provide services for local companies without formally registering myself as self-employed. Just to note, later this year, I am leaving the country, I do not intend to provide services to locals so I do not want to register a company here + I do not wish to have money transfered to my bank at my home-country as i may have issues with the tax-authorities there.

question 2

Being married with a Taiwanese, since last year my company was paying for my pension/retirement. Now of course this is over as I left but I wonder if there is any way that as i will be paying for my Health Insurance if i can pay for my pension while I am here in Taiwan as well as when i will be away.

Thanks a lot for any info.

ps. my wife looked online the Taiwanese websites and she found this : jmkang.pixnet.net/blog/post/9190 … F%E9%A1%8C

but as she explained is more for translation/copyright/writing services and not my kind of services.[/quote]

Did you get any answer to question 1 ? I am interested.