Freight Forwarding From US to Taiwan for a TV

I think with the higher end tvs the frequency of the power supply is important, as the picture refresh is calibrated to this pretty tightly. So to the extent that US and Taiwan power specs are the same, good.

Note - I am clearly no expert here, need to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. I think low risk though, but if spending that much I would want to dot my i’s and cross my t’s…

1 Like

No it’s not, VAT is 5% and import duty is extra. So it’s (cost + shipping) * (import duty)* 1.05
Forget the warranty and if it’s damaged than try to prove who did it, the packaging was flawless and get a refund. And stuff gets damaged sometimes, it really doesn’t matter if there are stickers on it that say ‘fragile’ or ‘top’, ‘keep away from water’.

And make sure you get them to price in the insurance for the full value of the TV.

That will be even more expensive as it will be (cost+insurance+shipping)*(import duty)*1.05.

Still about 1/3 the price of buying it here.

1 Like

Just pray it’s not damaged, but yes you could buy two. Halving the chance of getting damaged goods. The last thing I would buy and ship across the world is a TV. And you’ll have to process some paperwork if the TV is wifi enabled.

Insurance for damages

The absurdity of the modern internet e-economy, it is cheaper to make it in Asia, export to the US, then import it back into Asia again, than buy it here in the first place.

Isn’t that what my formula stated?

FIFY

1 Like

No.

Please explain

Anyone have a link or more info on the above issue importing things with wifi?

Never heard of it. Is it related to China spying, or?

Nothing to do with China, just normal regulatory (NCC)…making sure stuff has passed Taiwan requirements. It doesn’t make sense because we all bring our own stuff in and they don’t check, so it’s rather pointless but you know.

Here is a link to the regs, I think its article 5.

https://www.ncc.gov.tw/english/news_detail.aspx?site_content_sn=69&is_history=0&pages=0&sn_f=2018

Practically how this works is that if the shipping company or customs knows the product has a wireless card, they will ask you to fill out a form with some details. I have to provide this information for work all the time. I’m not actually sure what they check against or the actual requirements for letting something through or not, I just know if you can’t provide the info it will be held until you can and eventually sent back if you can’t. Sometimes its difficult to know or find this information on something like a TV or even a laptop.

1 Like

Nothing special, you just need to fill out a form with your ID.