French police thwart joint-rolling world record attempt

[quote]French police thwart joint-rolling world record attempt
Jul 25 1:47 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

Police in France said they had thwarted an attempt by a group of marijuana smokers to roll the world’s longest joint by seizing a work-in-progress measuring 80 centimetres (32 inches) in length.

“At some point, these young people had wanted to craft a joint of 1.12 metres to beat the world record in the discipline and get it officially registered,” said a police officer in eastern France.

“We don’t know who had the idea. Sometimes ideas are created in an astonishing way,” he said.

During an investigation targeting a group of four smokers in the eastern Vosges area of France, police discovered the giant joint containing 70 grams of marijuana resin. It had not been finished because of a lack of tobacco.

One of the smokers of adult age is to appear before a court charged with drug use on October 19. Two minors will appear before a juveniles court on October 6. [/quote]

Maybe it wasn’t finished because the guys had suddenly decided to play PS2 or go get a Royal with Cheese.

Sad. And I thought the french appreciated the fine arts.

As for the lack of tobacco, part, that is odd. I think it’s a European thing. I never knew anyone who put tobacco in a joint (why? it’s like pouring coca-cola in a good beer) until I met a German guy who did that. :loco:

I’m also surprised it would only take 1.12 meters to set the world record. I would have thought Cheech and Chong, for instance, had already topped that. Perhaps we can set a Forumosa world record. :bouncy:

moth
flame

what took you so long?

(Some familiar faces?)

[quote]Danny: The joint I’m about to roll requires a craftsman and can utilise up to twelve spliffs. It is called a Camberwell carrot.
Marwood: It’s impossible to use 12 papers on one joint.
Danny: It is impossible to roll a Camberwell carrot with anything less.
Withnail: Who says it’s a Camberwell carrot?
Danny: I do. I invented it in Camberwell and it’s shaped like a carrot. [/quote]

HG

I believe those are called “Cone bones.”

Sad. And I thought the french appreciated the fine arts.

As for the lack of tobacco, part, that is odd. I think it’s a European thing. I never knew anyone who put tobacco in a joint (why? it’s like pouring coca-cola in a good beer) until I met a German guy who did that. :loco:

I’m also surprised it would only take 1.12 meters to set the world record. I would have thought Cheech and Chong, for instance, had already topped that. Perhaps we can set a Forumosa world record. :bouncy:[/quote]

MT the tobacco serves 2 purposes, it mellows the flavour, making it less harsh at the back of your throat as you inhale, it also makes the stuff go further. You don’t “use” everything you inhale if you smoke it pure (especially with resin, which these guys were using) so you can get more bang for your buck by cutting it with tobacco. Now if you have some nice pure weed I would agree that the tobacco is simply not required but many Europeans still add it out of habit…most tokers in Europe also smoke tobacco as a result.

“Vewwy, vewwy, foolish werds…” :wink: [see HG’s post for context]