Frequent flyers Taipei-Paris, need advice

fumarole, and shidoa,
I give up. I don’t know why the messages stay in the outbox instead of sending. However, I was making a mistake. It was fumarole who asked the question about how I got my ticket, not shidoa. Sorry about that.

"I got my tickets through Eagle Travel in TaiChung. Steven Lai, eaglestv@mail.1b.hinet.net Tel: 0914-246-708 I had used this agent a couple of years ago when I went home to see my mom, and he found a very good deal for me. I was hoping for the same this time - no real deal, but cheaper than I thought it might be. The EVA website prices were around the same price (a bit more), and the cheap ticket sites did not really have better prices - some were much more expensive. I thought once when I first started searching that I saw a $30-something thousand ticket, but later couldn’t find it.

Round trip to Paris - EVA $49,500. I know it’s not the cheapest fare, but rather than making stops or flying some scary-sounding airline, I thought it would be worth it. And there’s shorter flying time.

Actually, there is nothing really “private” about this message - I guess it’s habit. I don’t like to post everything for public consumption. :slight_smile:

I usually fly Eva from around $39K - $46K and book myself through the website. The Eva flight schedule is particularly nice, as it leaves Taipei around midnight and arrives Paris around 6am which can be financially beneficial as the flight is not arriving in Paris at night with booking directly into a hotel without spending the day there first.

During different travel periods or airlines specials, it’s sometimes find it cheaper to get a flight to/from HK first, the fly Cathay Pacific to/from Paris.

I recently flew Taipei Paris round-trip on Eva It is a great flight schedule. The plane leaves Taipei midnight and arrives in Paris at 7 AM, ready to start the day. The return flight leaves Paris at about noon and arrives in tpe around 7 AM, again ready to start the day.

Currently, Chinese owned airlines have flights as cheap as US$630. Next cheapest is Korean, Emirates, and then Eva direct for US$1063.

Thanks, nice spot. Never flown Eva before, might be taking them now.

Thanks, nice spot. Never flown Eva before, might be taking them now.[/quote]

And you’ll be flying in the cleanest airline on the planet, according to some recent poll. So, don’t spill your yoghurt. :wink:

Thanks, nice spot. Never flown Eva before, might be taking them now.[/quote]

I like the Eva non-stop flight to Paris. It leaves at midnight in Taipei and arrives at 7 a.m. in Paris.

And the return flight arrives at 7 am in Taipei so you can even go to work the same day if you must.

Well I don’t see the need to go straight from plane to work :wink:, but we are booked to Paris now. It’ll be my first time flying Eva, something different to look forward to, even if it’s still just a long-ass flight in a metal tube.

Croissant & hot chocolate breakfast on arrival in deep mid-winter :lick:.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I work in a Travel Agency here in Taiwan and I can probably find a better deal then online! :laughing:
In any case you will have a second opinion and a person to ask for more info if you need!
Cheers!

My 3 week trip in Nov on Eva was TWD $30,460.

That flight stops in Bangkok doesn’t it?

Direct fly non-stop. Leaves Taipei around midnight and lands in Paris around 7am. Returning leaves Paris around noon and lands in Taipei around 7am.

Tickets round trip Taipei Paris on Eva in the next few months are now running NT$25,300/US$807 all in.

2 Likes

Is that due to low season or fear of Islamic State attacks in France?

tango42, Thank you for thinking to let us know about this great price. I’d love to take a long trip there, but , unfortunately won’t be able to right now. Maybe another time!
Thanks again!

They are introducing daily flights.

So I would interpret that to mean Taiwanese aren’t bothered by ISIS in Europe.

I would also interpret that to mean more Taiwanese have money to travel there now.

Cheap hotels! Cheap tours! No lines!

ISIS? Who’s that?

I am actually amazed as how often/where my fellow Taiwanese on 30k salaries go. It is an imprssive matter of saving and planning and getting the best deals. Force in numbers, too.

Did I tell you the best guidebook I got for Washington D.C. was the one in Chinese from Taiwan? Very detailed explanations where to take the buses, what to look for, best deals in town.

They’re not on 30k salaries!!! Your colleagues anyway.
Trust me when every dollar is factored in its more like 45k

Meaning husband and wife together? If incoming atogas are offered 50k, not much hope for what the youung folk make these days…