Fresh Western Style Bread for sale

Hey all! Recently I have invested in a Western Style oven and have begun baking the most delicious bread, white and wholemeal. Anyone interested in details of how to purchase, please PM me.

I hope this is OK with the mods, but if not, please let me know.

Where are you? How much are the loaves? How big are they? Can you post some pics?

The mods seem fine, so please some details. You’ll probably get more business with the info up front than available only by pm.

I’d like to know what ingredients you put in your bread, especially any oils or butters.

I’m in Hsinchu, but I could send any orders via 7-11. The loaves I’m planning on making will be about 600g each which means that you can get approximately 12 thick slices from a loaf, providing that you don’t cut a doorstep of a first/last slice. Sixteen slices could be obtained if you slice more carefully. Price? I’m thinking around NT$150 a loaf excluding freight. Pics, I will upload as soon as I get home-I have some that I took a while back.
But before I do any of this, I have to get more bread pans as I only have one right now, and a round cake pan that I’m using for round loaves. Any ideas as to where one could buy bread pans?

[quote=“Muzha Man”]The mods seem fine, so please some details. You’ll probably get more business with the info up front than available only by pm.

I’d like to know what ingredients you put in your bread, especially any oils or butters.[/quote]

I use sunflower or soybean oil in all my bread, depending what I have in stock, but I use no milk products whatsoever. If individual customers require olive, or any other kind of edible oil, that could be accommodated.
Basically my bread contains, flour, water, very little salt and sugar (half a teaspoon per loaf), yeast, and oil.

Sounds like really boring bread, sorry, but I think I’m used to a slightly different kind of bread than you.
Good luck with the business though.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Sounds like really boring bread, sorry, but I think I’m used to a slightly different kind of bread than you.
Good luck with the business though.[/quote]

:roflmao: Recipes can be changed according to customer’s requirements. Besides, I’d take “boring” bread that is beautifully fresh above sweet Taiwanese bread that smells like coconut cake any day of the week. How about the rest of you?

I’m interested. How do I order?

I agree.

It’s so incredibly easy to make your own bread, I don’t understand why more people aren’t doing it. We hardly ever buy bread anymore. We just bought a 22Kg bag of bread flour and experiment as we go.

And you posted that in a thread about a guy trying to start his own fresh bread business because…?

To make the guy feel a bit silly? I can’t see any other reason.
Good luck Sammy. One of these early mornings, I’m gonna be … wiping spaghetti sauce off my hairy chin with some fresh crusty bread.

I make bread a couple of times a week usually. It’s good.

And you posted that in a thread about a guy trying to start his own fresh bread business because…?[/quote]

I guess I just wanted to give you something to bitch about.

And you posted that in a thread about a guy trying to start his own fresh bread business because…?[/quote]

I guess I just wanted to give you something to bitch about.[/quote]
Am I?

You’re the one coming off like a roundhole here. Not me. :rainbow:

I didn’t mean to make anyone feel “silly”.

I wish the guy all the luck in the world. There are a lot of people that don’t have access to an oven or the inclination to try to bake. If his bread is any good, he can probably do well with it.

Jesus Christ, lighten up a bit.

Can I join in?

How you gone send it? Frozen? How fresh will they be on arrival at 7-11?
Baking bread is one thing, selling another and distribution and delivery is a little more complicated, you need to guarantee a fresh product the moment the customer opens the bag and eats it … BTW, don’t send it chilled, bread can never be chilled … it’s fresh or frozen, not refrigerated.

And McNeill, how long do you do over a 22 kg bag of flour? In a climate as Taiwan you better hurry and use it up because flour gets moldy (mycotoxins) easily and that’s not healthy …
Flour already contains spores of the fungus and will develop pretty fast when it’s not stored the right way. I think that if you have an average household it’s not wise to buy 22 kg of flour in a country as Taiwan. But, you have to decide if your health is more important than your wallet …

I’ve been there, I’ve done that … good luck

It’s in an air conditioned room and we go through it pretty quickly. If we end up needing to throw some of it out, it’s no big deal. We’ve had it for about 2 weeks and we’re working through it pretty quickly. My wife loves making bread, onion pie, naan… We send a lot of it down to her family in KHH too. It’s more for a hobby than it is for saving money.

My bread usually turns out too dense and heavy. :frowning:

You are what you bake, right?

Try using less flour, I used to make that misstake too. Make sure you let it rise twice as well. I really wish I had a real oven :cry: :cry: :cry:

I’m in Hsinchu (Xinzhu), but I could send any orders via 7-11. The loaves I’m planning on making will be about 600g each which means that you can get approximately 12 thick slices from a loaf, providing that you don’t cut a doorstep of a first/last slice. Sixteen slices could be obtained if you slice more carefully. Price? I’m thinking around NT$150 a loaf excluding freight. Pics, I will upload as soon as I get home-I have some that I took a while back.
But before I do any of this, I have to get more bread pans as I only have one right now, and a round cake pan that I’m using for round loaves. Any ideas as to where one could buy bread pans?[/quote]

i used to work for a trading company that imported food ingredients…we used to get our bread pans for shows from the baking supplies shops in tihua st. (the chinese dried stuffs street in taipei). i think there is also one other baking supplies shop in taipei but i can’t remember where…