Friend held at TPE airport, refused access to belongings

Covid-19:

• Causes pneumonia and other potentially fatal symptoms
  • Creating a global panic
  • Has snarky tone
27 Likes

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english/index.jsp?ID=24020801
Just checked for France, seems to still be postage there.

2 Likes

“ This is the first time Covid-19 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community”

What a fine choice of name for this forum. Welcome. No, wait…

1 Like

You said he might return to Europe; would there be no way for you to check his baggage onto that flight once he gets a ticket? That would bypass the security issues of putting baggage through for him to get access, but I can’t imagine it’s just that simple… this is definitely a unique situation, hopefully they will be a little flexible on this.

Out of curiosity, you said he got a visa from Singapore on Wed, what type of visa exactly?

This is maybe the person in question:

5 Likes

You’ve got a very manly looking left hand, Hanna.

The Brit’s married with a kid and doesn’t have a JFRV? Criminal record?

1 Like

Bad editing, I think they snuck in a reference to another person also coming in from SG…

1 Like

The article covered two people, the first being the Frenchman who I suspect is the one that relates to this thread. The second one was from the UK, and was allowed in, so I suspect that he has an ARC.

1 Like

and he is wearing a backpack…

1 Like

He just made the Tv news

1 Like

41 posts were split to a new topic: French stereotypes, Rocket’s profound melancholy, why some people actually (still) give a crap what Tucker C. says, and other off topic stuff

Suspect?

Anyway, back to the Brit. It’s a bit of a non-story to report on a guy with a JFRV getting allowed in. It read to me like he’d also been on a visa run to Singapore.

" all of his belongings are at a friend’s house …"

It’s not that it’s just sitting in an empty apartment.

This is not ridiculous at all, he entered the country on a visitor visa, he is expected to leave the country after the visit with all of his belongings. No exceptions! Being granted a visitor visa or not is irrelevant, since once a country closed it borders they won’t allow people in or do special favors because “I forgot my luggage here”. Legally he is a visitor and not a resident so in the eyes of immigration he is just a foreign national trying to enter the country during a period when he can’t unless he has an ARC.

2 Likes

Anyone we know?

“Meanwhile, another foreign national from the United Kingdom, who also arrived from the Southeast Asian country early Thursday, expressed relief that he was allowed to enter, also citing that he was unaware of the border control regulation.”

1 Like

This UK foreign national has an ARC, he was just relieved people with ARC are allowed to enter. A friend of mine came in yesterday too and was allowed to enter the country because of ARC.

2 Likes

I remember someone posted he was on his way from the UK.

My first guess is always tattoo face guy.

6 Likes

No, he entered the country on visa-exempt status, stayed 3 months, went to Singpore and got a visitor visa from TECO there, got on a plane just after the entry-ban went into effect and was denied entry.

2 Likes