Froch - Kessler

What a fight!

Fight of the year. Fantastic stuff. Have to do it again.

117-111
115-113
116-112

What f’ing fight were they watching? Could have gone either way but 117-111!!! FFS.

I had Froch by a round.

Very close fight.

Frankly, it was also oddly boring. Oddly because both displayed great courage, which is not boring. But neither of these guys has world-class feet, imo. To butcher a Lord of the Rings metaphor, both have too much Treebeard in 'em for a super middleweight. Both tended to push the right hand, although Kessler did find a way to let go late in the 11th and the second 90 seconds of the 12th. Pretty loopy right Kessler let go, though. I think Froch’s facial features are in some danger from Abraham, should he continue to channel Sugar Ray Leonard’s defense. That guy doesn’t seem fast enough to fight with his hands at his waist.

Yeah, I’d say any spread greater than 115-113 is pretty harsh.

I had Froch winning it. But Kessler got the decision that is fine as it was very close. Now Froch is going to to hurt Abrahams very badly

Just watched it again, sober, and Kessler did win. Froch landed big punches and failed to follow up, he could do a lot worse than watching Calzaghe videos for workrate. Not sure how you found it boring, though. Last two rounds were pretty much continuous trading.

Roger Tillerman should never be allowed anywhere near boxing. I can’t believe they’re still letting that moron screw up fights.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Just watched it again, sober, and Kessler did win. Froch landed big punches and failed to follow up, he could do a lot worse than watching Calzaghe videos for workrate. Not sure how you found it boring, though. Last two rounds were pretty much continuous trading.

Roger Tillerman should never be allowed anywhere near boxing. I can’t believe they’re still letting that moron screw up fights.[/quote]

Nah Froch won it