Froggy

I hav noticed that posters suspended, banned, and sone just for the hell of it get a frog as their avatar.

Why would that be?

[quote=“Mr He”]I hav noticed that posters suspended, banned, and sone just for the hell of it get a frog as their avatar.

Why would that be?[/quote]It’s the default rank image for those ranks without a set image. Maybe something more appropriate than a frog can be found? Maybe this, a rubber banned:

I see, thank you.

I had a frog for a while. I thought it was Goose Egg playing silly buggers with me, but it turned out to be someone playing silly buggers with everyone who doesn’t want a stupid label like “Former City Mayor” underneath their name.

To get rid of the frog I had to get rid of my cherished and unique “Lost At Sea” ranking. Silly. Pointless. Annoying.

The rankings don’t achieve anything, and I know I’m not the first one to comment that they’re not funny. Frogs are worse than pointless. They’re outright annoying.

Kerching. I’d like all foo removed from my account, even the name. I’d like to be a number.

[quote=“Loretta”]I had a frog for a while. I thought it was Goose Egg playing silly buggers with me, but it turned out to be someone playing silly buggers with everyone who doesn’t want a stupid label like “Former City Mayor” underneath their name.

To get rid of the frog I had to get rid of my cherished and unique “Lost At Sea” ranking. Silly. Pointless. Annoying.

The rankings don’t achieve anything, and I know I’m not the first one to comment that they’re not funny. Frogs are worse than pointless. They’re outright annoying.[/quote]
That’s too bad. And an odd attitude to take. I would have contacted the admins and proposed an image for Lost At Sea (like “nothing”)

Doing nothing begets nothing

[quote=“Goose Egg”]
That’s too bad. And an odd attitude to take. I would have contacted the admins and proposed an image for Lost At Sea (like “nothing”)

Doing nothing begets nothing[/quote]

Why is it an odd attitude to take? I assume you’re speaking American when you say ‘That’s too bad’? :laughing: There’s a feedback forum; there seems to be a trend that positive or technical feedabck is welcome, any negative feedback, even constructive and sincere is supposed to be PMed to admins. Well, you’ll definitely get less negative feedback like that, but that’s not a good thing.

Negative feedback is great. It means people care about a daft wee community website enough to publicly say what they don’t like, even at the risk of probable censure and ridicule. You should encourage it, without the attitude of ‘you find a solution then’. Engage in a constructive dialogue with your customers! Formosa neeeeeds Lorettas (even though they post shit 80% of the time), desperately, both for their content and for their commitment to improving your site.

I contacted an admin to get my offensive/thoughtless tag thingy removed. It was replaced quickly and almost politely, but with the frog of stupidity, which was a shame. I wanted to get rid of the frog and they put another stupid tagline. I should have just blasted the site with even more random crap than usual to change it.

But seriously. Why call some posters GuanYin or other religious stuff and others ‘Ink wet…’, etc. Surely that’s not what we’re all about? Getting rid of that would be less ‘status-y’. Newbs wouldn’t have a big stamp on their head, and we daily posters would look less like losers? :blush:

But now you’re a “retired president”. So unless you identify with Bush or Chen, I wouldn’t say you look like a loser… :sunglasses:

Its all harmless fun, those titles. As long as they are not outright offensive? LIke dipshit or something like that?

Ya I wouldnt want “'the wankless wonder”" or some such under my name. :slight_smile:

Yeah and if some mod wants to have fun and put that under my name, just make sure it reads

GEneralissimo wankless wonder, since Iv finallly attained the Generallissimo title :slight_smile:

That ranks me right up there with Chiang Kai Shek, Fidel Castro and whos that Spanish dude? OH Franco.

edit: Unrelated and offtopic but as im sitting here, iv come across an important observation. Since its getting cooler and im keeping the windows and door closed , any farts linger a WHOLE LOT longer in the air. It makes my cat go away from under the computer table and makes me leave my keyboard too. But yes, sorry offtopic.

[quote=“Goose Egg”]And an odd attitude to take. I would have contacted the admins and proposed an image for Lost At Sea (like “nothing”)

Doing nothing begets nothing[/quote]

I didn’t actually know what the issue was. Suddenly I had a frog. I assumed someone was making some kind of comment, as Buttercup (grouch) and all the banned people also had them. I didn’t contact anyone because it seemed like a stupid game to play and I resolved not to play.

Eventually, I gave in and asked what the deal was. Politely. The response from Maoman was also polite, but he didn’t make any mention of alternative images. Not his fault. He probably had a million other things to do. He removed the frog on request, giving me an idiotic title in the process and leaving me back at square one.

So here I am, asking what can be done about titles and frogs in public, for the benefit of anyone else who may be wondering. Now the facts have been made public. Finally.

So you’re saying that even though I got rid of my avatar, I still need to have an image associated with my name if I don’t want to be a Wet Generalissimo, or whatever. Great. I’ll put it on the list of things to do along with editing my signature line. In the meantime, would you please stop making life difficult for people?

It’s not really fair to ask the users to plough through the php forums to find out why they have suddenly become amphibious. This sort of information needs to be posted publicly. But it wasn’t, so people were left wondering what the hell was going on.

Now that I know what the procedure is, I will try and find some time to come up with something that I can again bug Maoman about changing. I’m sure he’ll be grateful to have the distraction from his job, wife, baby, school, and other miscellaneous demands on his time. I know I won’t though.

Dear Maoman or Gus,

How about changing the default rank image, which is at the moment images/ranks/bas2.gif , which is what the untranslated ranks use. Good idea, no? You can set up more special images later, but at least the default will be blank instead of a frog.
If nothing begets nothing, then something begets something.

Yours,
Love and kisses,
Big Fluffy Matthew

PS. Loretta sends her love too.

There, I’ve asked nicely for you.

Something begets nothing! Phew, finally. Workmen, missing with my world view.

Is that from Dragonbones’ personal collection of comedy cartoon toads?