Frogs and toads as pets

Does anyone know where I can buy a frog or toad in Taiwan. Is it legal ?

I want the kind that croaks a lot. Loud croaking sounds like you are living in a rain forest. It would be nice if it had lots of pretty colors too. Are there any places where they sell frogs here, as in the west it is quite easy to buy one. Maybe they are not that popular here, as I believe they are not on the menu, due to their usually vile taste or poisonous skin.
:smiley:

I was thinking more on the line of something of more Amazonian like this, that is not protected.

A very beautful creature it is. not sure if there are any frogs or toads that can even get near to that beauty in Taiwan.

or this

Do you genuinely want a frog or are you just interested in hearing it croak? You can buy “sounds of the rainforest” CD’s that will have pretty much the same effect…

I think the colorful frogs are poisonouse/exotic…but you can get a normal frog at the open markets depending on where you live…I see a bunch of them hopping around in buckets at open markets in central/southern Taiwan…Taiwanese love to eat frogs…

[quote=“Pluck-A-Duck”]Do you genuinely want a frog or are you just interested in hearing it croak? You can buy “sounds of the rainforest” CD’s that will have pretty much the same effect…

I think the colorful frogs are poisonouse/exotic…but you can get a normal frog at the open markets depending on where you live…I see a bunch of them hopping around in buckets at open markets in central/southern Taiwan…Taiwanese love to eat frogs…[/quote]

I like the sound of frogs croaking. I find it relaxing lol. That along with crickets and grass hoppers, something i hear less and less of these days!
:slight_smile:
Perhaps I will get the CD

Wow, Forumosa was weird 10 years ago…

2 Likes

I have a Pac-Man frog as a pet, you can find them in a lot of pet shops. They don’t croak but they come in really cute colors. image

1 Like

they live forever ? :grinning:

1 Like