From MCU 2019

Why?

Hollywood has been extremely political lately and very very one sided. Chris Evans and many many other actors have been very vocal about their political stance or rather their disdain for trump and trump supporters. They’ve been having 2 trump bashing award shows the last 2 years where they clap for each other while having guns and fenses blocking out the common people while wearing 50k outfits. It’s perfectly fine they voice their political opinions but guess what, a lot of people have different political opinions they insult and look down on. Just don’t expect there be no consequences. And they are just getting used to the reality that they aren’t that powerful and they live of the dollar of these people they hate and insult. They’re pushing a product, no one has to buy it even for a franchise like marvel. So they don’t get mad if the people involved are making bad PR moves and their image is that, that’s on them.

Also not the first time Disney is accused of taking a beloved IP and making it PC/SJ.

Bre Larson has openly said there is intersectional feminism and the movie was her “form of activism” so even she says so. Plus her comment about her past movie not being for white men and she doesn’t want their opinions on it. Which is fine if you’re also ok if she said a particular movie wasn’t for the color of your skin and the gender you’re born to but I suspect most of you would go crazy if someone said this movie wasn’t for anyone other group besides white men. It’s not hard to see white men being attacked daily today for no other reason than being white and men. I am not a white man but I would take equal offense if someone said this movie wasn’t made for asian men and they don’t want my reviews so I’m not going to support such a statement.

Then we see rotten tomatoes remove the if people are excited to watch the movie rating. It’s one thing to remove “troll” reviews for the actual movie but we will get to that later. Although rotten tomatoes didn’t come out and openly say they removed it for this reason, it doesn’t take a genius to guess since the movie was getting bombed. It seems entirely reasonable to voice you’re not excited to watch the movie, you don’t have to watch it to say that. Now the troll posts removal, idk how they determine what is a troll review. How do you know if I did see it and didn’t like it? It’s evident they really don’t want this movie to fail. There’s been plenty of other movies to bomb and I don’t see all these people trying to keep it going. This to me is borderline censorship.

And even in our own forum, @bojack voiced his opinions and he gets temped. We have a lot of discussions, we have disagreements and opposing views. Things don’t get tempted unless for example they are completely off topic and what he posted was completely on topic. Just voicing his views that may or may be incorrect according to whatever numbers. Even when people are completely wrong, I don’t see people getting tempted for being wrong.

Also every media outlet that’s been pushing that particular ideology not only reports on this issue. Many of them actually call on movie goers to watch it to counter the bad publicity. There’s been so many movie reviews in the AE section. Some better than others and I’ve yet to see the fight back on any of them.

It does seem political to me. It does seem like there is a large group of people who will not let this fail for basically bad publicity that’s entirely on the people involved in the movie. You can’t blame people for having a bad image on your product.

2 Likes