From MCU 2019

They’ve already made it glaringly clear the conversation can still go on, but you’re talking about the politics of film, not a film about politics. It clearly falls under International Politics.

Beyond that, why be so keen to force your own political agenda down the throats of people who clearly have no interest in it? Are you not guilty of the very thing these movies are accused of?

At least in IP you’ll be talking to people interested in the topic.

1 Like

I accept your point , but it’s somerimes hard to make a critique post without explaining the reasons you may dislike a film etc. Just as you would wish there to be no politics in the thread , so would many . My point was that it is quite hard to eliminate … unless we ignore it . That seems to be the consensus, so as you say, there will be a separate place available for those opinions :smirk:

I just realized that when Marvel was almost worthless , had I had the choice to buy that name or Blockbusters… I would have chosen Blockbusters . Don’t listen to a thing I say :sweat::pensive:

I’m interested: what do you mean buy the name? Web address, or like registered in Taiwan or something?

I was just thinking back to late 80’s , when it was sold for 80 million USD…the Marvel Group…what a steal. Not worthless I suppose but a bargain.

Oh sorry, I follow now. I think Marvel was next to worthless by the late 90s (whenever it was they sold off the film rights to a lot of their properties).

I’m basing this on memory alone so forgive me if it’s a bit off, but I don’t think it was until Iron Man came out that they actually got their footing again.

It’s a remarkable turnaround . I genuinely thought it was doomed . I supposed the concept was so appealing , all they had to do was find a way of updating it . CGI tech helped as well , but nice to see it turned around .

It’s hard not to mention or allude to things, but that’s different from launching a full rant and keeping it up for many posts even after being asked to take it somewhere else.

Or you might say, it’s hard to do classic rock without rhythm & blues, but when people tune into a classic rock station they don’t expect to hear contemporary R&B.

Too late! :doh:

1 Like