From the stars to the gutter

Someone once said that it is only those who really wallow in the gutter who can experience the full extent of humanity. After all, I was a heavenly being for billions of years and will be one again. But I only get 104 years to explore the filthy depravity of humanity. I am enjoying the disgusting shit that is the flu, and I enjoy the pain of a hangover. Are we supposed to wallow in the gutter?
I really do take pleasure in seeing a nice big open field, or a child toddling about. But the pure filth of humanity is what enthralls me the most. Oh sanitised time in which I live. Why am I not an Edwardian?

Oscar Wilde kinda said it. A remarkable measure of man.

Humans’ subjective views of the life in the world, and their evaluations of the net worth of any particular object, are greatly influenced by their relative residual experiences. The great kaleidoscope ensures either a trickle or a cascade, with vast fluctuating chasma in between days.
If one has never been poor-broke hungry, then one’s prism cannot fully appreciate the comfort of wealth.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Humans’ subjective views of the life in the world, and their evaluations of the net worth of any particular object, are greatly influenced by their relative residual experiences. The great kaleidoscope ensures either a trickle or a cascade, with vast fluctuating chasma in between days.
If one has never been poor-broke hungry, then one’s prism cannot fully appreciate the comfort of wealth.[/quote]

This is true, and liberalism extends mostly to the middle. And an altruist cares not beyond the giving. Yet is it not mans lot to afford himself all chasms? I state not. The lowest is to be expected at some point.
The atman should penetrate all levels, PAH!, and therein lies the weight of your musings. I would suggest that progression to the final stage of a brahmans life is more benficial to those who pander to namby pamby behaviour. (has namby pamby been posted here befoe now?) as for this poor soul, the gutter and its wallowings hold many trappings. Sebastian Flyte knows well.

Felicitations and expectations that your kin are hanging in there. The most private of mail is where we would be best to disclose.

Oh you. Cheek chucking smiley

Are you aware of the musical combination called No-one Ever Really Dies. I like their attitudes and beats. Here are two offerings:

1. youtube.com/watch?v=8AfMGHTQxVA

2. Cant find, its called ‘F*ck and spend money’ under their Neptunes guise.

No youtubin at work. Might have a look tomorrow.

Contribute to the thread. You all nonchalant infront of an audience.

Meh? I dunno. Just about the worst thing that could ever happen to me, happened. Twice. You can rationalise how it gives you knowledge and strength and all that, but really, it’s bullshit. A bit of my soul broke off. OK, so it eventually grew back, starfish-like, but there was no great redemptive whoosh of insight. I went through this brief period in my late twenties, (self-)assured that the world could come up with no worse for me. Then I realised I was being a silly rabbit and the universe has far more imagination than I do.

What are you asking? Do we achieve katharsis or some other psychological yummies through trawling through the underworld? My view is that art provides a safe arena for rehearsal.

(How d’I do? More chalant?)

Again with the point. I will buy you a point one day.

sPEND MONEY. fUCK yEAH!

I am asking what is up with achievement. People used to be happy with existence.

[quote=“TomHill”]
I am asking what is up with achievement. People used to be happy with existence.[/quote]

But your point was not apparent. I am not a flipping psychic.

Sorry, no clue. ‘People used to be happier with what they had?’ you mean? no … Their outlets were different. Literacy makes a difference in how we express ourselves.

Youse lucky no You tubin in China at all… totally blocked and all. lol

Youse lucky no You tubin in China at all… totally blocked and all. lol[/quote]

It’s not banned; I just don’t do it. It sort of undermines my authority/credibilty if I get busted watching rap vids. :laughing: