FRONT LINE FORUM - Michael Yon

I have linked to previous Michael Yon material. Its always been 1st rate. He’s been reporting from the Iraq/Afghanistan scence since the flags went up.

This is his newst site:

[quote]The Frontline Forum is an alternative channel for compelling stories from those now wearing boots and carrying rifles and not comments or those endlessly forwarded unattributed “true” stories that always seem airbrushed. This is a place for those deployed in harm’s way to tell real stories about the ground situation.

Our goal is for frontline information to break through and be heard. We hope that over time, a more comprehensive and accurate picture of what is happening on the ground can emerge.

This virtual organization primarily is run by a volunteer group of retired military personnel. They will read every story, with the bar set high for accuracy and our radar on full alert for embellishment and operational security. Over 100 volunteers have stepped forward, from all branches of the military, from grunts to generals, veterans from the Korean War forward.
flf.michaelyon-online.com/[/quote]

He also has michaelyon-online.com/

I hope folks will vist some of Mike’s sites and read what he is reporting.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I have linked to previous Michael Yon material. Its always been 1st rate. He’s been reporting from the Iraq/Afghanistan scence since the flags went up.

This is his newst site:

[quote]The Frontline Forum is an alternative channel for compelling stories from those now wearing boots and carrying rifles and not comments or those endlessly forwarded unattributed “true” stories that always seem airbrushed. This is a place for those deployed in harm’s way to tell real stories about the ground situation.

Our goal is for frontline information to break through and be heard. We hope that over time, a more comprehensive and accurate picture of what is happening on the ground can emerge.

This virtual organization primarily is run by a volunteer group of retired military personnel. They will read every story, with the bar set high for accuracy and our radar on full alert for embellishment and operational security. Over 100 volunteers have stepped forward, from all branches of the military, from grunts to generals, veterans from the Korean War forward.
flf.michaelyon-online.com/[/quote]

He also has michaelyon-online.com/

I hope folks will vist some of Mike’s sites and read what he is reporting.[/quote]

I have no doubt that as the fighting continues and the militias take an ever more prominent role, he will have lots and lots of stories to tell

Why Iraq Was a Mistake
– Lt. General GREGORY NEWBOLD, Retired director of operations at the Pentagon’s military joint staff.

"A military insider sounds off against the war and the “zealots” who pushed it

I am driven to action now by the missteps and misjudgments of the White House and the Pentagon, and by my many painful visits to our military hospitals. In those places, I have been both inspired and shaken by the broken bodies but unbroken spirits of soldiers, Marines and corpsmen returning from this war. The cost of flawed leadership continues to be paid in blood. The willingness of our forces to shoulder such a load should make it a sacred obligation for civilian and military leaders to get our defense policy right. They must be absolutely sure that the commitment is for a cause as honorable as the sacrifice.

With the encouragement of some still in positions of military leadership, I offer a challenge to those still in uniform: a leader’s responsibility is to give voice to those who can’t–or don’t have the opportunity to–speak. Enlisted members of the armed forces swear their oath to those appointed over them; an officer swears an oath not to a person but to the Constitution. The distinction is important."

spook…what did your post have to do with TC’s post or Michael Yon’s site?

Interesting comments…

[quote=“MikeN”]
I have no doubt that as the fighting continues and the militias take an ever more prominent role, he will have lots and lots of stories to tell[/quote]

More than you’ll have when you get back to East Bumfuck, Canaduh.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“spook”]*fjclkksmnctywndlf[/quote]spook…what did your post have to do with TC’s post or Michael Yon’s site?[/quote]Comrade -
I quit asking him that a hell of a long time ago. His answer was just more of the same gibberish. :loco:

Simple. I was replying in the spirit of “This virtual organization primarily is run by a volunteer group of retired military personnel. They will read every story, with the bar set high for accuracy and our radar on full alert for embellishment and operational security.”

If your goal is truly to obtain highly accurate, unfiltered information about Iraq from retired and active duty military personnel in the know then you should welcome the inevitable range of opinions on the subject such at that of a former director of operations at the Pentagon’s military joint staff during the runup to the invasion of Iraq.

[quote=“spook”]
If your goal is truly to obtain highly accurate, unfiltered information about Iraq from retired and active duty military personnel in the know then you should welcome the inevitable range of opinions on the subject such at that of a former director of operations at the Pentagon’s military joint staff during the runup to the invasion of Iraq.[/quote]

So he’s on the ground and been in combat in Iraq?

[quote=“spook”]Simple. I was replying in the spirit of “This virtual organization primarily is run by a volunteer group of retired military personnel. They will read every story, with the bar set high for accuracy and our radar on full alert for embellishment and operational security.”
If your goal is truly to obtain highly accurate, unfiltered information about Iraq from retired and active duty military personnel in the know then you should welcome the inevitable range of opinions on the subject such at that of a former director of operations at the Pentagon’s military joint staff during the runup to the invasion of Iraq.[/quote]spook -
No, you were not.
You were, once again, posting irrelevant articles designed to distract and dissemble the content of the OP.
The thread is regarding the internet sites, and information there-in, of Michael Yon.

It’s tough running a psyops circle jerk around here when you can’t control the flow of competing information, isn’t it?

“I am driven to action now by . . . my many painful visits to our military hospitals. In those places, I have been both inspired and shaken by the broken bodies but unbroken spirits of soldiers, Marines and corpsmen returning from this war. . . . . With the encouragement of some still in positions of military leadership, I offer a challenge to those still in uniform: a leader’s responsibility is to give voice to those who can’t–or don’t have the opportunity to–speak. Enlisted members of the armed forces swear their oath to those appointed over them; an officer swears an oath not to a person but to the Constitution. The distinction is important.”
– Lt. General Gregory Newbold

So, Michael Yon is telling us that Rumsfeld was wrong- Iraq is in a state of civl war:

[quote]Last week, in America, a radio producer for a large syndicated program in the United States called me requesting that I go on the show, a show that has hosted me many times and where I