Frozen Yogurt

We were on Jing Ming 1 St. on Sunday afternoon and saw this little van there. They were serving frozen yogurt with a variety of different fruit. The machine (not pictured) was pretty slick: the frozen yogurt (imported from Canada) comes individually wrapped, they just put it in the machine, add the fruit, pump the machine, and out comes a rather tasty treat. It was operated by a young man and woman (matching shirts). I’m assuming they were a couple, but I’m not sure. I had the raspberry and thought it was pretty good.

[quote=“SlowRain”]

We were on Jing Ming 1 St. on Sunday afternoon and saw this little van there. They were serving frozen yogurt with a variety of different fruit. The machine (not pictured) was pretty slick: the frozen yogurt (imported from Canada) comes individually wrapped, they just put it in the machine, add the fruit, pump the machine, and out comes a rather tasty treat. It was operated by a young man and woman (matching shirts). I’m assuming they were a couple, but I’m not sure. I had the raspberry and thought it was pretty good.[/quote]

Where is Jing Ming 1?

I believe it’s what local foreigners here call “Tea Street”.

[googlemaps]24.15735, 120.65654[/googlemaps]

SlowRain, the basement food court at Chung Yo department store also has a frozen yogurt place that sounds similar to what you described (they also advertise their yogurt as being from Canada) so if you want to try it again and can’t find the mobile cart, you can go there. A little pricey but definitely very good.

If you like Italian gelato type ice cream I recommend K2, across from the Science Museum. Some of the best ice cream I’ve ever had anywhere.

Thanks, Adam. We live somewhat close to there, so we’ll have to check it out. I can’t quite remember, but I think the van was selling it for about 50-60TWD per cup.

Yes, I meant Jing Ming 1st St., which is also known as Tea Street. I haven’t been back there on a Sunday, so I don’t know if they’re still there or if that was a one-time-only stint.

I enjoy the K2 gelato, too.

I’ve had the yoghurt there, not bad. Don’t know why it has to be imported to be better though.

The best gelato in all of Taiwan is in Hsinchu, guy makes it out of whatever fresh fruit he has that day…it is world class, really. It’s on the same road as a few of those small bars just off the riverside and near ‘the Pig’.