Fruit Crisps and Dumplings for the Small Kitchen

I had a terrible craving for a good piece of apple pie but was too lazy to make the crust so I opted for this. Now I’m glad I did.

Easy Apple Crisp
4 medium apples cored peeled and sliced and chopped up a bit (much like pie filling)
about 3/4 cup of soft butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar (I add just a bit more)
about 2 heaping tablespoons of flour
1 cup of Quaker Oats
Cinnamon (more than the nutmeg but I just sprinkle until it looks right)
Nutmeg

Put apples in any oven safe pan
Mix the rest of the stuff and spoon it over the apples
Bake at about 180 C for about 3/4 hour (if the top starts turning too crispy, cover with foil for the rest of the time)

Sounds good.

Last weekend we made scones, which were simple and passable. They would’ve been better if I’d used cream, as called for, or even half and half, instead of lowfat milk, which was what we had.

This morning I’m about to make waffles. For waffles (and pancakes) I had been using Krusteaz mix from Costco, but I ran out so I’m looking forward to making them from scratch today. The recipe calls for separating the egg whites from yolks, beating the whites till they’re stiff, then folding them into the dry ingredients, so I’m sure they’ll be better than the instant Krusteaz mix.

Anyway, your recipe sounds good too. I may give that a try.

Good to see ya back.

Hey,try baked apples

Just wash a few apples and cut the bottom end off of about 1/2 inch.
Stick a knife in and core the apple without cutting through. (Try. You will see what I mean.)
Now pack the prepared apples into an oven pan. Good safe pan is good.
Put about 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, a good sprinkle of cinnamon and a shake of nutmneg into the cavity of each apple. Now fill the cavity (or almost) with butter.
Set it in the oven. About 160 C. for about an hour.
When it smells so good that you cant stand it, pull it out and mix it with . . .? Ice cream? . . . Whipped Cream?
Hell, just try the baqked apples. They are truly good!
Try some of this with some vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream.
Remember: You are not alone. We all like this stuff and know where to get what we want.