Fruit tip: Pineapple is great!

You have a recipe?

You have a recipe?[/quote]
I’m sure I can get it if you’re going to make it for me.

I’m sure I can get it if you’re going to make it for me.[/quote]
I’ll make it and try my best and you can have it, but no guarantees. I am not the best baking hand around and that’s why I asked for your mum’s recipe. The ones I pull out from the net are hit and miss, so I never know, whether I got sth. wrong or if the recipe was crappy!

Vegetable tip: Broccoli kicks ass!

Clothing tip: Jeans totally rule!

Breakfast tip: Peanut butter toast is awesome!

Email tip: Meaningful subject lines are marvelous!

I’m sure I can get it if you’re going to make it for me.[/quote]
I’ll make it and try my best and you can have it, but no guarantees. I am not the best baking hand around and that’s why I asked for your mum’s recipe. The ones I pull out from the net are hit and miss, so I never know, whether I got sth. wrong or if the recipe was crappy![/quote]

Dragonmom’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1. Cream one stick of butter with one cup of white sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt.
  2. Add two eggs, and beat well. Add 1 tsp. vanilla.
  3. Sift and measure 2 cups cake flour (NOT packed; sifted and leveled). Add 2 tsp. Rumford* baking powder and, from here on forward working quickly (see note), mix well.
  4. Add this to the creamed mixture alternately with 3/4 c pineapple juice (from a large can of Dole’s crushed pineapple, sweetened kind). Don’t beat, just mix well.
  5. Melt 1.5 sticks butter and 1.5 c packed brown sugar in the bottom of a 9x12" baking pan. Simmer just a little, stirring, until the sugar is somewhat dissolved.
  6. Over the above, spread the drained pineapple, halved maraschino cherries, and broken pecans.
  7. Pour the cake batter over all this and bake at 300 F, low in oven, for 40 minutes or until the center is firm when touched.

In actuality she arranges sliced pineapple rings (rather than crushed) like a flower, putting a maraschino in the center of each.

:notworthy: Thanks!! Will give it a go.

[quote=“zender”]Vegetable tip: Broccoli kicks ass!

Clothing tip: Jeans totally rule!

Breakfast tip: Peanut butter toast is awesome!

Email tip: Meaningful subject lines are marvelous![/quote]

:roflmao:

Fruit tip: pineapple makes Bolivian women’s eyebrows sparser.

[quote=“Elegua”]Try this - get a bottle of any vodka, two cut pineapple and a glass jar. Stuff the jar with pineapple and then pour the vodka over and let sit in the fridge for a week. Serve straight over ice in a lowball. Use a pineapple garnish if you want it to look pretty.

Jus dun et de frut :no-no:[/quote]

Eating the fruit is the best part.

Down on the farm, we used to make a concoction like that, with fruits and Pure Grain Alcohol.
Good old Mountain Dew. Drink the punch, eat the fruit, hangover for 3 days!!

Glory Days

The special at Burger King is the Hawaiian Whopper, with pineapple and ham. mmm

DB made the cake today. Thank you. I had to wing it a bit, coz didn’t have cherries and the can had small pineapple cubes instead of rings, and no pecans :blush:

However, it is sumptuous. I think the brown caramel was proportionately more than we needed in theis cake, coz it spilled out and basically covered the cake ( :lick: I am not complaining :laughing: ).

The sponge is SUPERB :notworthy: . It will be my basic sponge for other things from now on. Absolutely melt in your mouth delicious.

The one thing I really love, is Mom’s Pies, particularly Pecan pies and now I have found the secret, its butter and brown sugar (I don’t know much about baking :blush: ). Pecans are high on my grocery list now!

Thanks a ton, for the recipe!! My kids, husband and all future guests join in unison to convey their gratitude.

No prob! It’s always been my dad’s favorite cake, and my mom REALLY knows how to cook and bake. Yes, butter, brown sugar and pecans can’t go wrong. Costco is your best bet on the pecans, btw. Next time, get the ring sliced pineapple, the maraschino cherries, and the pecans, and you’ll have a show stopper. :wink:

Mrs. the chief’s Juice of the Week is green lemonade with honey.
:lick:

Also, very nice with rum…

I’m making shakes at least once a day.

papaya banana (Thailand’s favorite!) :lick:
mango banana (Tasty!) :lick:
cookies and cream with banana (YUM!) :lick:
chocolate banana (Most requested shake from my kids)
chocolate mango (sounds better than it tastes as the chocolate overpowers the mango)
strawberry banana (Just OK)
coffee banana (YUMMY!) :lick:
mango vanilla (Oh yeah!)

I’ll hafta get one of those pineapples in the mixer and see how it performs. In fact, I might throw some brown sugar, pecans, and pineapple in the blender and drink a pineapple upside down cake shake. :discodance:

Had guests drop in for tea, and I served the cake (they think I have these things lying around :roflmao: ) and when I mentioned, Pecans should be added, they said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it’s perfect and the cake will only get heavier…and they all thought the sponge was EXCELLENT!!!

Here’s a pic, but it’s not a good one :aiyo:

[quote=“the chief”]Mrs. the chief’s Juice of the Week is green lemonade with honey.
:lick:

Also, very nice with rum…[/quote]
Do they use pineapples in lemonade :doh:

Had guests drop in for tea, and I served the cake (they think I have these things lying around :roflmao: ) and when I mentioned, Pecans should be added, they said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it’s perfect and the cake will only get heavier…and they all thought the sponge was EXCELLENT!!!

Here’s a pic, but it’s not a good one :aiyo:

[/quote]
My mom always made it square.

But that looks good.

:lick: :thumbsup:

Reminder for all: Peak season for a specific kind of fruit is usually one month only. Be quick for pineapple!

That pineapple upside down cake looks/sounds great, but is that 2.5 sticks butter and 2.5 cups sugar?

Darn, I don’t think that’s allowed on my diet. :frowning:

Might have to just do the pineapple/vodka drink instead. :slight_smile:

1 stick is half a cup of butter, so it’s 1 and sth. cup of butter, and 2.5 cups of sugar. The husband just had it and said it was sinful, which is saying sth. coz the man does not like sweet things! And the cake is gone…I’ll be making another one in a couple of days coz we want more. :lick:

I lately made pineapple ice cream (cream, milk, and pineapple in cooler as fruit cube) . by my new toy- a food processor. Gee. Taiwan pineapple awesome. :bravo: