Fuji Finepix F402 dead sensor problem

The sensor on my camera appears to have died, meaning all images on the LCD or recorded are a psychedelic mess.

I notice several Fuji cameras in the US have been recalled for sensor replacement (within or without warranty) as Fuji appear to use a lot of dud sensors. I assume because I am in Taiwan that I will be told to get stuffed after the Fuji agent here has finally stopped laughing.

Has anyone ever had a digital camera fixed here or is it worth it? If so, where would I go (assuming Fuji themselves will want to charge my a billion NT).

Cheers.

That was because of a problem with some Sony CCDs, used in various cameras from Sony, Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and others.

Your F402 has a Fuji SuperCCD, so it’s not subject to a recall.

And it’s a three years old 2MP camera - time to upgrade anyway. :wink:

That was because of a problem with some Sony CCDs, used in various cameras from Sony, Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and others.

Your F402 has a Fuji SuperCCD, so it’s not subject to a recall.

And it’s a three years old 2MP camera - time to upgrade anyway. :wink:[/quote]

Hmmm… CCD’s not so “Super” now. It was a good little camera while it worked and I had hoped to hold onto it and buy a Nikon D70 as its replacement. Dunno what to do now. I think I’d rather get it fixed. Shouldn’t things last longer than three years?

Follow up: Fuji Taiwan say they’ll fix it for NT$2,000. Let’s see.

Wonder what it would cost to get it repaired down the lane? I mean, most of those sensors are made in Taiwan, I presume. Wouldn’t that mean some chappy could nab one off a truck and bung it in for SFA?

HG