Fulong Beach Festival

Does anyone know whether or not there will be a music festival at Fulong this year? If so, does anyone know if they have anything up on the web or any idea who will be playing? I know it doesn’t happen until July, but I’m curious to know who will be playing.

Anything would be appreciated.

Ecaps

Bob Dylan will definitely be there.

So will Sonic Youth, Lou Reed and the Foo Fighters.

In all seriousness, I think they’re stopping it due to the beach disappearing.

Hohaiyan is 14/15/16 July '06

hohaiyan.com

In all seriousness, is Sonicy Youth slated to play? Lou Reed? I’m having a problem opening the files on the link. I’ll be in Taiwan for the summer, and I’m going to that festival if SY is playing, and Lou Reed.

Its a joke. The organizers tried to drum up interest in the festival last year by claiming that Bob Dylan was playing, when in fact, all they’d done was to send him an invite, which was promptly declined by his management. :laughing:
Pretty amateur, but it did the trick in raising awareness of the festival.
It’s quite a fun show usually, though. Last one I was at had the Dirty Three, the 5-6-7-8s and the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion among others. Wear long sleeves and a scarf, though – that beach can be like a sandstorm if its windy!

Thanks, Sandman. I just checked up on it at this site: publish.pots.com.tw/english/Musi … index.html

Vincent Gallo will be playing, so it says. That might be interesting, so long as he doesn’t sing. Sound like a eunich when he croons. I thought it was possible that Sonic Youth might be playing, considering Jon Spencer performed last year. But, I guess we wont’ see SY.

[quote=“Ecaps”]Does anyone know whether or not there will be a music festival at Fulong this year? If so, does anyone know if they have anything up on the web or any idea who will be playing? I know it doesn’t happen until July, but I’m curious to know who will be playing.

Ecaps[/quote]

So any idea what kind of music they play, will it be rock/blues/metal or is it all mandopop??

[quote=“alazaskan1”]Thanks, Sandman. I just checked up on it at this site: publish.pots.com.tw/English/Musi … index.html

Vincent Gallo will be playing, so it says. That might be interesting, so long as he doesn’t sing. Sound like a eunich when he croons. I thought it was possible that Sonic Youth might be playing, considering Jon Spencer performed last year. But, I guess we wont’ see SY.[/quote]
That POTS article was about last year’s show. We’re in 2006 now, remember? :wink:

damn.

[quote=“rahimiiii”][quote=“Ecaps”]Does anyone know whether or not there will be a music festival at Fulong this year? If so, does anyone know if they have anything up on the web or any idea who will be playing? I know it doesn’t happen until July, but I’m curious to know who will be playing.

Ecaps[/quote]

So any idea what kind of music they play, will it be rock/blues/metal or is it all mandopop??[/quote]
Rock/blues/metal/ pretty much anything but Mandopop.

What are the odds of the White Stripes comin’ to town?

:unamused:

[quote=“sandman”]
Rock/blues/metal/ pretty much anything but Mandopop.[/quote]

so how do I get there, and when will it be? also how do I attend, will there be an admissions price?

Vincent Gallo was cool! I’ll definitely be going this year again. And don’t miss the Formoz festival…that’s the best music festival, in my opinion at least. :slight_smile:

[quote=“rahimiiii”][quote=“sandman”]
Rock/blues/metal/ pretty much anything but Mandopop.[/quote]

so how do I get there, and when will it be? also how do I attend, will there be an admissions price?[/quote] It was free last time it actually happened which was 2004. Last year the typhoons killed the event. Fulong has a train station.

An earlier poster on this thread wrote [quote]Hohaiyan is 14/15/16 July '06

hohaiyan.com[/quote]

Yep, all the acts from last year got moved to The Wall on the typhoon days. I’d never seen The Wall so packed before in my life! I hope we’ll have better luck this year.

Keep an eye on this. There’s word that Hohaiyan may go pay in the next couple of years. And that word comes straight from one of the organizers.

There is a warm up event on the first and second of July on Tung-shiao beach in Miaoli county. Here’s a band list (mostly in Chinese) hohaiyan.com/#01.

The only “big name” I see for Hohoiyan are Japanese band, Dragon Ash.

Wow. Sounds suckerific.

English teachers…