Fulong beach

Fulong is particularly annoying in that respect. The correct answer is that if people who can’t swim are going to jump into the water and drown then that’s probably beneficial to the human race as a whole, now fuck off and let me enjoy my swim.

probably not a very helpful answer, sorry. How much authority does ANYONE have to tell you to get out of the water anyway? Passers-by, ‘lifeguards’, police, ‘owners’ of the beach, can anybody actually require you to stay on land? Can you just swim out into the water, or will you be forcibly dragged into a rescue boat? Can you legitimately complain to anyone at being harassed?

I went to Baishawan yesterday. No such trouble there, although the cleaners are obviously off for the winter.

If the beach is dirty complain at the tourist centre cum North Coast Scenic Area headquarters. They are supposed to keep the area clean.

True Story - I was at Fulong about two years ago swimming at the south end by the jetty. The waves were rolling in pretty heavy that day and beside the jetty there was an outrageous rip. It was like a small river that carried you straight back out into the waves past all the wash. Basically you could ride a wave in and then catch the rip back out. It was a bit hairy where the rip hit the incoming waves but anyway… I spent about two hours swimmg there with dozens of people watching from the jetty. I couldn’t figure out why 1) There was nobody else in the water. 2) Why there were helicopters all over the place. When I got out somebody told me that the helicopters were looking for the bodies of 3/4? people who had most likely drowned. They found the bodies later that day.