Fun times at Kilauea

A 24/7 live feed on the hot area (“hot”…heuheuheu…sigh) (lol @ the preview pic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4lG6YzLI8

Lol preview, amazing.

50% of bookings got cancelled → “DON’T WORRY GUYS, EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL, COME HERE ON HOLIDAY”

1 Like

I used to own a condo on the big island and have friends there who have a coffee farm. They are some distance away from the volcanos and said the air even on the Kailua-Kona side is affected. Pele is pissed. http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/05/13/hawaii-news/many-accept-their-fate-at-the-hands-of-pele/

1 Like

I have seen ash in clouds and lava come out in the ol country and it freaked me out. If I saw those plumes of fire coming down an urban area…:skull: Our volcanoes are at least in the middle of crops in the high mountains, not even cows are affected as they are packed on trucks and taken elsewhere.

Ashes are supposed to have a cooling effect. But these eruptions seem more like mad magma than grey skies -pulverized cement actually.

Last night in the talk shows they were explaining about the lava going to the sea, causing acidity and killing fishes by the millions, a real tragedy. Seems it has happened before.

So we have extra volcanic activity around the Ring of Fire: Japan, Hawaii, Mexico, Central America. Yipes.

Don’t worry, Turtle Island will join them soon.

Most people that live on the Big Island live far away from the volcano, and it has erupting since 1983. That being said there are some people that some people that live nearby and within the national park where the volcano is. Also FYI most of people in Hawaii live in Oahu (Honolulu) Island far way.

Assuming Aikaili is female, and DKaoshuing is male (I know, big assumptions!), I may cite this as a fantastic example of mansplaining.

It’s ok. I don’t mind the comments at all. I don’t live there now, but my coffee farming friends say there is an effect and the air is not so great. The vog is worse now.

1 Like

THE END IS NIGH

It is really bad air. Like breathing concrete. I feel for the people affected.