Fun with Chinese

I know I must not be the only one that mixes Chinese up with English all the time to amuse one’s self. I have new stuff all the time and will post as they come to mind.

To the music of Hey Jude by the Beatles:

My friend and I always talk about riding the Jerry (

:laughing: I never noticed that.

[b][size=200]I pitty the

Hi. My name is Joe Schurr. I work as an intern in an Emergency Room (ER)in the Japanese city of Chiba. Things here are no differnet that in many parts of Eurasia: you get what you pay for. This holds true for healthcare as much as anthing else. If I save your life, you should be forthcoming with a hongbao in short order.

Last week, we had a bad case. A foreign national working as a Taipei Economic and Cultral Organization censor wrapped his Lambourghini around a light pole. This guy, a certain Wu, Leo was critical and only my skills kept him alive. He is out of ER and intensive care and still hasn’t dropped the packet. What a dog.

All is can is this:
E.R. censor Wu, Leo (is) cheepah!
(signed) Chiba’s Joe Schurr

Well, if we don’t do more shoe, none of us will ever learn Chinese. :laughing:

To comment on the weather, you can say “It’s hot as a Chinese basketball star!”

… after “re de yao ming” :bulb:

This is impossibly convoluted, but my ex-husband and I used to say “son of a grape” in place of another unexpressable-in-good-company phrase, the logic being:

grape [English] = putao [Chinese]
putao [Chinese] sounds like puta (whore in Spanish)
hijo de p
ta is a common expression in Spanish, kind of like SOB

so from there we get back around to son of a grape…of course we mixed the three languages constantly. :unamused:

Whenever my wife says “lai,” I respond with “Oh, baby, you’re too beautiful. Wow, you’re the greatest,” and so on.

My wife and I have a running joke - whenever one of us is bullshitting the other, the other will ask "How many pi do you dong? The answer? One pi. Ni dong yige pi! :wink:

When I first started taking Mandarin I was always getting it confused with Spanish (I went to a Spanish emersion school when I was younger).

Yo

Wow, this thread has quickly hit rock bottom, and it’s just gone out to the shed to find a bigger shovel.

Ironlady, maybe you and your twisted Sino-Anglo-Hispanic mind can enlighten us as to how “Y tu mama tambien” became “Ni ta ma de ye shi”?

That’s what it means. Y tu mama tambien = and your mother too = ni de mama ye shi. More or less. Except the “ta ma da” part is kind of extra cussin’ for free.

Be glad you’re having interference from Spanish, instead of Tagalog (which I’m learning now): mei in Chinese is “there is not” and mei in Tagalog is “there is”. Drives me nuts. Especially since I can’t say much more than that as it is. :cry: :unamused: