Funny Pictures 2020

My local DIY store here in Elbonia is selling one Sharpie for P99 or two for P219.

4 Likes

Magical realism we call that.

Given the pisspoor standard of public education here, it’s an excellent way to make profits. I admit I took the two-pack first and then took a few seconds to figure out the single ones were cheaper.

It is mostly part of a culture of disrespecting the customers. I mean, aside from profit, if a boss has a monopoly, probably enforced through government ties, them why worry about lawsuits from cheating the customers? Hence, price manipulation, blindsiding, bad quality or downright unhealthy items, etc.

1 Like

There’s definitely a lot of that goes on, but I suspect the reality behind the Sharpie price is a bit simpler - the people who set the pricing are as bad at math as everybody else.

It’s like the old joke about Joe Smith who meets his old school friend Cletus after many years. Cletus wasn’t known for being the sharpest tool in the box, but now he’s driving around in a BMW. Joe can’t contain his curiosity and asks how he got so rich. “Oh,” says Cletus. “It’s really simple. I buy these widgets from China for $5 and sell them on eBay for $15. It’s amazing how much money you can make on a 10% markup”.

1 Like

@finley, apologist for predatory shopkeepers. :grin:

9 Likes

Mine’s paper boat for now

2 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes

11 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

She does have beautiful eyes.

6 Likes