Funny Pictures 2022

Context

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

I actually don’t know how they do that. It’s quite scary.

That’s the whole point. :slightly_smiling_face:

The most eerie one I can remember recently is that once I was watching something on youtube in a room, and the stuff I was watching showed up on the person in the next room’s youtube feed. That was insane.

3 Likes

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Repost of the Day (for real this time!)

4 Likes

They were using your premium account without you knowing.

That’s not insane, you were probably just using the same IP address and YouTube thought you were the same person

1 Like

6 Likes

Not really. Depending on what the video was, it could be something really normal. Maybe just a popular or trendy video? Also coincidences exist.

But apart from that, and more related to the FB and google ads… two things:

• The profile people and make segmentation, and because you mach with certain profile, they imply that you’re likely to be interested in X, Y and Z. Also they probably cross reference connections and interests
  • But I also did a test one day, and it was scary shit. I didn’t have a dog or a cat, told my friend we were going to do this test during lunch time, I opened the phone, left it on the table and start to talk about pet, pet food, I need to buy food for my pet, etc… or maybe it was toys, can’t remember. I’m sure I didn’t have any pet food or toys search in my google history. What ad did I see next morning? Yes.
1 Like

10 Likes

1 Like

Not even that, they can use IP for determining what content is relevant based on previous reproductions even for different accounts. But I don’t work for Google, so I can’t be sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cat of the Day 2022