Funny Political Pictures 2024 😏

Psychologists and therapists even back then disagreed with that little playground saying, the difference is today we’re doing a better job of educating kids. :man_shrugging:

(There is so much plain ignorance in this thread I feel like I should post the obvious counterpoints to pretty much everything in it, but once in awhile something actually funny gets posted! :joy: )

This is his exact quote: “Within the decade, there will be no more snows of Kilimanjaro.” Al Gore (2006), An Inconvenient Truth.

2 Likes

Okay, you caught me, you win, I give up, please don’t hurt me, I promise I’ll never be tricked again!

:rofl:

The truth of the saying is surely obvious (you have a choice as to whether words can hurt you), and the behaviour of both schoolchildren and teachers has hit rock bottom in recent years. Not everything was wonderful in schools back in the day, but going to the opposite extreme really wasn’t an improvement.

1 Like

Except that’s not actually true, even if the child is unusually mature for their age. That’s one reason why abusive parents generally produce abusive kids, the formative years are exactly that!

The purpose of the saying was to offer kids a potential defence, with phrasing that kids could understand; not to dismiss the hurtful nature of hurtful words. It wasn’t a great defence, granted, but the argument " abusive parents generally produce abusive kids" overlooks a whole lot of abused kids who grew up relatively normal, precisely because they had the tools (usually by luck, but sometimes by circumstance) to get past it.

In any case the point of the joke is that it’s not good to teach children to look for hurtful words in absolutely everything that is said to them, and to invent some if there aren’t any.

Trump is the #1 expert on…

• Taxes
  • Construction
  • Campaign finance
  • Drones
  • Technology
  • U.S. History
  • Infrastructure
  • ISIS
  • Facebook
  • Renewables
  • Polls
  • Courts
  • Steel workers
  • Golf
  • Banks
  • Nuclear arms
  • The system
  • Debt
  • Politicians

…according to Donald Trump

My point was that there was no point to the joke, and therefor no joke! :smile:

3 Likes

Well, there was, but I guess it’s not funny if you have to explain it …

2 Likes

2 Likes

The ‘funniest’ thing about that is that its not even parody: its literally what some politicians are saying. Haiya…

4 Likes

4 Likes

As a rule, we should all try to keep chatter here to a minimum (that includes me), but I agree that sometimes we just need to push back on the wall of garbage

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

It’s cute, but what on earth does it have to do with conspiracy theories…? :thinking:

I think it demonstrates that those conspiracy nuts will believe pretty much anything

1 Like