Funny Taiwan T-Shirt I Made

I havent read them but I suppose there are plenty of threads in the relationships room about loser white guys livin it up in Taiwan. I thought the original thread was pretty distasteful but wondered if it was a uniquely North American take on “ride” that I was misunderstanding, but knowing the OP as I do I should have known better!

monoclub… I agree! But at least there were some people who thought it not “gold”. Hey… what is OP?

Everyone… I have MADE the “Save a Scooter, Ride a Foreigner” T-Shirt! You know you want to buy them.

I made them English, because “riding” just doesn’t translate over into Chinese. Anyway, with English on your shirt, you can wear it to work!

cafepress.com/freetaiwan

original post(er)

original post(er)[/quote]

:astonished:

[quote=“shawn_c”]monoclub… I agree! But at least there were some people who thought it not “gold”. Hey… what is OP?

Everyone… I have MADE the “Save a Scooter, Ride a Foreigner” T-Shirt! You know you want to buy them.

I made them English, because “riding” just doesn’t translate over into Chinese. Anyway, with English on your shirt, you can wear it to work!

cafepress.com/freetaiwan[/quote]

I don’t get it shawn. It’s racist to have on a t-shirt “Save a horse, Ride a Taiwanese” but funny to replace Taiwanese with foreigner? :idunno: I missed the boat on that one.

:astonished:[/quote]

Chewy - :laughing:

Chewy - :laughing:[/quote]

You down with OPP?

Chewy - :laughing:[/quote]

You down with OPP?[/quote]

Psh, yeah, you know me.

YEAH, I’m down with OPP.

Namahottie, I just did it for JMcNeill, actually. He said he would love it… so I did it! It took me all of 10 minutes, so y’know…

But well, the term “foreigner” although it connotes a broad swath of “white people” when used in the Chinese sense - in English… it could be ANYONE! We’re all “foreigners” depending on where we are, aren’t we? Based upon this reasoning, you still may not think it less racist than the original shirt, but really, I did it solely because of JMcNeill.

I also made some gay shirts: www.cafepress.com/gaymotel