Futureteller tells my wife she dies

You see, he had a 50% chance and was wrong.

jdsmith: I would tend to agree with you on one point. You introduce in your last post paranormal activities, and, although this science is sketchy at best at the moment, I lean towards the fact that there is some truth in it.
I believe for instance that it is possible to communicate with the dead to a certain degree but not what that dude in a reality show does on TV in the US, what’s the show name again?..

But when it comes to some bloke sitting down and reading cards, crystal balls, coffee and what not, telling you what is going to happen in your life I think is complete balderdash.

A fortune teller says my wife is going to die soon, and that’s bad because?

A fortune teller told my wife some incredibly personal stuff, including information about medical history that you couldn’t guess by looking at her. I’ll give them that.

Another said that our marriage would last, but I would have a secret affair and never get caught. :fume: I am angry about that one. My mother in-law would cruise by my office on her scooter and comment to my wife about it every time she saw me talking with a female. :fume: :fume: So, this starts some sort of attitude that it is going to happen and she’d better be prepared for it. :fume: Ahhhhhhhh!!! That’s trouble that a fortune teller should keep their damn nose out of. I wanted to go right down there and put some incence candles up his behind.
Then I calmed down and thought, I hope that my wife has enough sense to trust me and know that I couldn’t pick up another woman anyway, I am too shy. My mother in law still believes it though :fume: and thinks that I’ve already done the deed. I haven’t.

Conclusion: Some have got something. Others are going for the odds. Some lie. There are those that just make trouble, intentional or not.

You are better off living life to the fullest everyday.

Bassman,

This sounds self-fulfilling to me.

Let’s see, fortune asswipe tells missus that you willhave an affair. That creates problems in your relationship. You drift apart, less intimacy, an dless sex. You feel not very well.

sooner or later, some female will pick up on the fact that you are emotionally and sexually starved, and yes, you will be riper than an apple in late September. Any female showing interest will therefore stand a fair chance at getting you to bed.

And no, you will not get caught, as you will not use the Lovers hotel down the street, rather the one 30km down the freeway.

think of the potential psychic trauma if the stars prove not to be in alignment.

well first off if you make enough predictions some of them are bound to be true. there are also ways to find out things about people, esp. when the potential prize is getting inside their heads–and pocketbooks.

that’s hilarious. i would never stop talking about my “secret affair.” where you going honey? off for a secret affair! sorry i’m late mom, secret affair! :slight_smile:

Well said. exactly.

A fortune teller told me that I was not intelligent. Actually she told my wife. She thought that I couldn’t understand. She was the kind that can read faces. I’ve never put much stock in what they say ever since.

A fortune teller told ne that I would make lots of money last year - the leanest since college.

A fortune teller told me that I would make lots of money when I turned 48 - hope it happens before.

a fortune teller told me that my marriage would last - forgot to add “another 13 months” though.

The technique fortune tellers use is called cold reading

A fortune teller told me that I would live to be 999 years old, and so far she’s not wrong.

She also told me that I possessed psychic powers to rival those of the famed British TV medium/psychic, Doris Stokes. Miraculously, about two weeks later, Doris Stokes was exposed as being a complete fraud and did not possess any pyschic ability at all. Once again, my fortune teller was spot on!

Furthermore, although I wear XL T-shirts occasionally, for the most part, I am a medium - my fortune teller is a genius.

OK, allow me to predict your future:

(This is valid for all of you, by the way)

Think about those statements, and let me know if any of them fit you. some will, I am sure.

[quote=“Frost”]

Sure am, let’s see the other day I was reading a newspaper and it told me my lucky lotto numbers and I played them, guess what? I didn’t win. I’m betting that those numbers will never be picked anywhere in the entire world for the rest of my life. I am also speaking from logical realistic thinking. Look at all the so called psychics in the world, how many are rich and famous? How many have any proof. Do some research about the psychic detectives, of the hundreds of times they have helped the police, guess how many times they found the killer or the body. Zero. People are so willing to believe in anything, that if someone says I have this power to heal your cancer with the power of my mind, people will flock to that person to be cured, and it never works. No one can see into the future. Believe it.[/quote]

Ok. newspaper’s astrology on giving you lucky numbers doesn’t necessary means they are the winning lotto numbers. Unless you actually went to a fourturne teller or psychics then, it’s not personal experience. Yes, many of you guys may believe that it is BS, stupid, whatever, but you cannot deny the fact that some of others experiences or if they believe in it or not.

There are certain things in life that it will happen, no matter what, no matter if its from a fourtune teller or psychics. They are just there to give you some guideline or borad views / ideas what might happened. If they can really predict the future that accuratly, then maybe they can predict TAiwan’s future. I guess my point is that it depends on the individuals to believe it or not and that to certain degree, there are truth in it.

Fo those of you who weren’t born in Taiwan (or aother place in the same time zone) and went to (or were dragged to) see fortune tellers: did the fortune teller use your date and time of birth to make “predictions”? If so, did he/she use the “local time/date” or “Taiwan time/date”? If he/she read your face, how did he/she determine the similarities and differences between Asian and Non-Asian face structures/characteristics? (For example, a big nose usually means good luck on money. A high forhead signals stubborness or strong will. Most whites have big noses and high forhead.)

They just shouldn’t get people’s hopes up.

richardm, I will predict your future:

“You will meet someone”

“You will go to the forumosa happy hour”

“I see something special happening in the month of April”

When my boyfriend was born, a fortune-teller told his mother that he shouldn’t eat beef. To this day, he’s never touched it … even though everyone else in his family eats it. He also complains constantly about the direction our bed faces because it’s bad “feng shui,” although I refuse to move it, so I guess being able to sleep next to me is better than bad “feng shui.” He also really wants to get an earring, but his mother said he can’t because it would 破相 (damage his body), even though she has earrings … so he has one of those fake magnetic ones that kills his ear.

On my ex-boyfriend’s 18th birthday, his older brother took him to a fortune-teller. The fortune-teller told him he would turn out to be gay. A couple weeks later he was rolling around in bed with me (his first time). Go figure … :laughing:

What a racially enlightened post, ajklin. It’s like that firend of mine who’s a fortune teller in San Francisco who has determine that the small nose and low foreheads of many of his Asian clients signal sneakiness and a tendency not to tell the truth. :loco:

[deleted] Was repeating myself…

Almost forgot:

1. Thanks to all giving advice. That 39 is one of the tricky numbers helped me to understand finally. Numbernonsense.

2. Taiwanese, do not be offended, if you say “You do not understand our culture” this sounds odd (as my wife says that every night - I usually kiss her then, so beware!).

3. Questioning her she admitted, the 2nd futureteller did NOT repeat the 39 years=likely to die stuff, but timed her for 85. Me for 83, so the bastardo lowered my expectancy by 9 years compared to the last one.

4. Integrating Magic into everyday life, is a nice touch, so keep on… another 5000 years or so …

[quote=“bob_honest”]:fume: My wife went to future teller #1 who told her, at 39 she would be in a dangerous age to die. No further details given.

[/quote]
Bob, you should go with your wife to the fortune teller and ask them “Do you have an expiration date on YOUR ass?” If they say no, then ask “So how do you know hers” and demand your money back…