G.I. Jane is now in charge

Dunwoody becomes first female four-star general

[quote]
The career of Ann E. Dunwoody ascended Friday from humble beginnings 33 years ago at Fort Sill, Okla., to a peak never before reached by a woman in the U.S. military: four-star general.

At an emotional promotion ceremony, Dunwoody added a fourth star and, looking back on her years in uniform, said it was a credit to the Army that she was given a chance to rise through the ranks in a male-dominated military.[/quote]

:bravo:

Yes, I saw this and thought it was pretty great. Then I saw the, “I’m in love with a commando” thread and thought it was about this woman, but it’s just about motorcycles.

I thought this was going to be about Hillary.

Me too!

I thought this thread was going to be about motorcycles, but it’s just about some military woman… :idunno: :wink:

There’s a motorcycle called G.I. Jane?

:bravo: :bravo: :discodance: :discodance: :bravo: :bravo:

How many countries can say they’ve got a black president and a female four star general?

I’m not black or female, but I am proud to say now we can tell young black and female children that if they work hard they can reach these high offices in America and point to these two as proof. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: