Gabber ? Anyone heard of this

Anyone ever heard of this “Gabber”?

Yeah gabbercore, it has been around a long time. When I was flatting and had just started work, we used to have these blokes in our inner city apartment block who would come back still high as kites at 6 in the morning after a night out. They would put that stuff on as the sun came up for their come-down. It goes through concrete walls like paper.

Very popular like 20-25 years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah remember this from free parties back in the day. Awful stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

Gabberen: The Dance!

1 Like

1,2,3,4 1 234

Apparent Gabbered some times, in different places, didn’t even know it, and don’t remember a lot. Blurry mornings.

Did this bypass Taiwan?

I think a couple of the old Roxy’s did gabber by another name at least seems like it stumbling out morning needing sunglasses.

1 Like

Maybe not that old Roxy’s. First Roxy’s here were constantly playing Soul to Soul and Snap lol.
I am so old I missed the “Gabber”. Ecstasy has a lot to answer for. :scream_cat:

Undoubtedly :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Gabber Wiki

The Gabber fashion seems to continue in Taiwan now.

1 Like

Wasnt here an all-night Roxy somewhere around the north side of Daan Park? well there was some dance Club in that area that stay open past daylight and filled with mysterious people hidden behind flashing lights and lasers.

Before they moved to Xinyi Vieshow basement and eventually closed.

1 Like

Cherry Moon Trax on Tomorrowland.

1 Like

oh so it’s old man DJ music.

From Wikipedia:

Mainstream hardcore , mainstyle , Nu style gabber or newstyle hardcore is a subgenre of hardcore techno. The essence of mainstream hardcore sound is a distorted bass drum sound, overdriven to the point where it becomes clipped into a distorted square wave and makes a recognizably melodic tone.

Uh… No, thanks!
:runaway:

1 Like

Square wave makes perfect sense.

2 Likes