Game Club CNY outing to Jiufen?

Who would be up for a New Year’s trip for a Game Club day at Jiufen. I know a good teahouse where you can hang out for hours. We could go up in the morning and check out Jinguashi, stroll through the Jiufen market, and end up at the teahouse for several hours game playing.

I suggest the Tuesday (Jan 31, I think).

Who’s up for it?

Brian

If you guys include Monopoly or scrabble or heck, my favorite, Mahjong then count me in.

I am not around during that week, going on a holiday …

I’m in.

I’d be up for scrabble, but I’m not sure that you’re allowed to play mahjong in public due to gambling worries.

Brian

I’d be up for scrabble, but I’m not sure that you’re allowed to play mahjong in public due to gambling worries.

Brian[/quote]

No worries for the mahjong, but scrabble makes my heart pitter patter :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

I’d be in for this.
Tuesday 31 is no problem.

Maybe.

I’m game. May even bring some cookies along for the ride.

Is this happening? Details?

Totally off topic, but any game requests from back “home” (US)? I could hook up some Candyland, Connect Four, Shoots and Ladders or some hotness like that. :slight_smile:

DA GRITS MAN!!! BRING THOSE. :smiley:

OK, looks like we’ve got enough people for this.

Game Club Outing to Jiufen
Tuesday 31 Jan
Meet 10AM Taipei Train Station East Gate 2

Does that sound OK with everyone? I’m thinking of taking the car even, depending on how many people are going, so please PM or call me if you are coming, or if you want to come up later in the day and need directions.

Brian (0952392676)

Holy Jeff Spiccoli is the weather fiiiiiiine!!!

I’M IN! :smiley:

This is all good.
See you then

E

[quote=“Jefferson”]Holy Jeff Spiccoli is the weather fiiiiiiine!!!

I’m IN! :smiley:[/quote]

It was YOU! You jinxed the weather!

No really, aside from the mud, pouring rain, miles long traffic, getting severely pounding in every game I played, that funny beeping sound, and those damn stairs, this was an awesome trip. I love having Games Club in places other than Taipei proper.

Kudos to BuLaiEn for the idea (and the ride). :bravo:

Scattergories? I’m all about the Connect Four (but you can get that here, you know?).