Games Club - New members (and games) wanted

I started off in a negative manner because for the third time that I’ve come I left without doing anything except wasting money going to the Witch House and being bitched out by other games clubbers. I don’t think it’s fair to be punished (or as some said rather nastily, “Well, you should have come before 3 o’clock if you wanted to play something else.”) because I don’t arrive at a set time and can’t find, among three other Games clubbers, anyone interested in starting up a game. It’s not a matter of revolving around one person. It’s just plain courtesy. If you start a 4+ hour game at 2pm, knowing that people will roll in at 3 or 4pm, then I believe you are essentially excluding people just for not arriving at a specific time. That’s not how things are supposed to work.

Well, you certainly don’t win by rolling dice in the correct order…

Some games that have been played in the past include Uno (people can jump in on a new hand), Phase 10 (people can jump in at the start of a new phase), Pictionary (people can join teams in the middle of a game), Squabble (people joined in even while playing other games), Fluxx (three cards dealt to new people who join the game), Apples to Apples (people can join in in the middle of a game), Once Upon a Time (people get cards and join the game)…

Then there are the ones mentioned by ensign above which tend to be long and played so no one can join once they start unless the players already involved restart from the beginning.

I had the option of coming today since I got done with my thing early, but I wasn’t really in the mood of rushing home to get a game that probably wouldn’t even be looked at by anyone but me (once again) just to go and watch people playing a game which won’t end until a few more hours after arriving, just because I had other obligations (or in last week, a hellish combination, consisting of jet lag from crossing 13 time zones less than 24 hours earlier and stomach flu from my brother’s kids, which wasn’t helped by the backbiting treatment I received last week). Why make the effort to go out of my way and see people who were so rude and nasty to me the week before and probably already involved in their hours-long game to exclude late arrivers? If I get free time next week, I’ll think about it, but for now, I have zero interest.

Look, I had a nice long post all written up, but I’m just going to say this:

If people don’t want to play your game, stiff shit. People often - shit, most of the time - don’t want to play anything I choose, people often don’t want to play Go with MK, but so be it. People will play what they want to play, not what they’re told to play. And that’s exactly how I think it should be. If that means I don’t get to play what I want because everyone else wants to play something else, then I’m shit out of luck. Same goes for everyone else. I’m happy to just go, hang out, and talk some shit. The games are a bonus. And remember - they’re just games.

Now if this can get back to the turn for the better it had going for a while, then I won’t start trying to hammer it into oblivion. And you’ve all seen my post count, you know I’m teh l33tn355, and I will take this thread under my pwnership.

Don’t make me cyber-suicide-bomb this.

ERISU ACKBAR!!!

Finally got to play Domaine agian yesterday… And I OWNED3D them candy asses :laughing: