Gap in Taichung?

Does anyone know if there is a Gap store here in Taichung? I am not really familiar with all the department stores, so I have no clue. Thanks.

There are no GAP’s in Taiwan, anywhere…

According to the International Laws and Regulations on Fashion and Textiles Act 573.2, GAP cannot be imported and sold legally in Taiwan. They are called
NET
in Taiwan.

(Ok, I made up the part about the ILRFT Act, but NET is Taiwan’s GAP. Even the sign looks the same.)

you can’t even buy gap stuff online and get it sent anywhere outside the US :loco:

Why GAP when you can Old Navy?

Why GAP when you can Old Navy?[/quote]

Maybe the Navy is your kinda thing fella, but I’ve been in the services, so I know better. :s

Why GAP when you can Old Navy?[/quote]

Maybe the Navy is your kinda thing fella, but I’ve been in the services, so I know better. :s[/quote]

True dat, truant. The navy is my kinda thing. The gap is yours.

[quote=“914”]
True dat, truant. The navy is my kinda thing. The gap is yours.[/quote]

Down in NZ, the first time I saw a GAP T shirt was on a hot babe wearing tight jeans. Yeah I like the Gap.

THey have GAP in Singapore and HK I believe.
You are right, they are called NET in Taiwan, and its Old Navy quality… yikes yikes yikes… :raspberry:

unless you only want to wear them 2 times…

[quote=“MiakaW”]THey have GAP in Singapore and HK I believe.
You are right, they are called NET in Taiwan, and its Old Navy quality… yikes yikes yikes… :raspberry:

unless you only want to wear them 2 times…[/quote]
Not in Singapore, well at least not 9 months ago. I don’t think I’ve seen GAP anywhere in asia come to think of it…

there’s a GAP in Japan.

I believe Japan is the only place in Asia where they have Gap. Otherwise it’s the UK and I think Germany or France. Although they are gradually closing foreign presence.

Well, to tell you the truth, I don’t really care about a Gap, persay. I’m just wondering if Net has comparable sizes to the Gap. I’m going to get my girlfriend a few pairs of jeans from Gap in the states over the internet, (because, as some of you may know and appreciate, girls just look so much better in a pair of Gap jeans!) but need to know what size to get. Any info on this?

I don’t remember the last time I actually owned a pair of blue jeans. But I’ve found some nice stuff at NET in Taipei, basic pants, sweaters and some nice and not too lacy dresses and skirts. My European size M/German 38 is usually an L to XL here.

HTH
Iris

It’s pretty obvious you’ve never bought clothes for women :slight_smile: Trying to buy women’s jeans online is close to impossible, especially from Gap where there are 12 different styles that all fit differently!

I eluded earlier, that you can’t buy GAP stuff online and get it sent outside the US. Was the case about 6 months ago anyway.

I caught what you were saying about not being able to have it sent here. I’ve got family coming to visit, so that’s how it would get here.
Oh well, I suppose I can wing it by measurements and see how it turns out. Thanks for the information, all.

To be honest, I probably wouldn’t be too pleased if my husband decided to get me a pair of pants/jeans because he’d figure that I’d have to look gorgeous in it (not that that is very likely to happen) - it probably wouldn’t work out (either style or size - colours are always easy for me :wink:), and at least one of us would probably turn out to be terribly disappointed. I wouldn’t mind to have him go shopping with me (not very likely to happen either). But unless I had pointed out the very piece (including size), the very last thing I’d trust him with would be ordering me clothes/ buying me clothes without me there.

But maybe your girlfriend is different. And you’re different from my husband…

Iris

[quote=“iris”]To be honest, I probably wouldn’t be too pleased if my husband decided to get me a pair of pants/jeans because he’d figure that I’d have to look gorgeous in it (not that that is very likely to happen) - it probably wouldn’t work out (either style or size - colours are always easy for me :wink:), and at least one of us would probably turn out to be terribly disappointed. I wouldn’t mind to have him go shopping with me (not very likely to happen either). But unless I had pointed out the very piece (including size), the very last thing I’d trust him with would be ordering me clothes/ buying me clothes without me there.

But maybe your girlfriend is different. And you’re different from my husband…

Iris[/quote]
Thank you Iris. My thoughts exactly, and why I don’t buy my wife clothes. But then again she is a fashion designer, so I’m screwed there also.

In the new TESCO building in Taichung, on one of the basement floors, I think B1, there’s a GAP store, or at least a store that sells GAP clothing… their selection looked rather limited, but it’s GAP… it’s between the Nike outlet and the book store…