Garbage Collection

I couldn’t find any useful info from the archive.

What is the garbage collection procedure in Taipei, especially in the Neihu district? I just moved into a place and the guy before me left all his trash on the balcony, saying he didn’t know what to do with it. Now it’s my problem, and damn, I don’t know what to do with it either. Is there any government info in English I can find? Thanks for any advice!

Listen to the “Fuer Elise” song played by the garbage truck, then run down and dump your rubbish.
Not sure if you need those “official garbage bags” in Neihu which you can buy at 7-11 and the like …

And it only comes at 12noon and sometime around 6PM…I think…

I wonder has the government ever considered what about all those working single people that has lots of overtime work to do? They are never home when the trucks make their rounds…stupid government…

I say we dump it all at Taipei city hall…

In some places in Neihu, they come twice an evening. First they drop off orange boxes in front of every apartment door, then collect those, then drop them off again. Put your garbage in there.

Another way you can get rid of garbage is to take it over to the trash bureau yourself. We do that once in a while when we miss the garbage truck

Vorkosigan

More details:

• The trash trucks in Taipei come around every night (sometimes twice) to pick up your garbage. You’ll have to ask a neighbor to find out what time they come by your block–and exactly where they stop.

• You have to pay for them to take your trash away. You do this by purchasing the official blue trash bags that are sold at most markets/convenience stores. The price of the bags pays for the service.

• Any recyclable material does NOT need the blue bags. It will be picked up once or twice a week (e.g. in my neighborhood cans, bottles, and plastic goods are taken twice a week. Paper/cardboard taken once a week.)

That being said, the previous tenant sounds like a total f**king loser. He’s left you with quite a “trash bill” to pay. I hope there’s some way to get some cash out of this guy to reimburse you. Leaving a heap of trash on the balcony? What kind of pig was this guy? Too stupid to ask how to take out the trash? Too lazy to get off his ass and lug it out of the apartment? Did he flush the toilet any time in the weeks before you moved in? (What are you people thinking?)

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice everybody!

what time’s your garbage collection? Ours is 5.15 (pm :slight_smile: ).5 days a week.

It’s just the perfect set-up. We’re early in the run, so it’s always on time. Throw out the trash, and then we can go to dinner or whatever for the evening. The main rear truck man, well we’ve had our disagreements over recycling, but he’s good at heart. Although the man on the recycling truck is friendlier.

But today I just want to give thanks to our dependable rubbish service :notworthy:.

[quote=“Nuit”]what time’s your garbage collection? Ours is 5.15 (pm :slight_smile: ).5 days a week.

It’s just the perfect set-up. We’re early in the run, so it’s always on time. Throw out the trash, and then we can go to dinner or whatever for the evening. The main rear truck man, well we’ve had our disagreements over recycling, but he’s good at heart. Although the man on the recycling truck is friendlier.

But today I just want to give thanks to our dependable rubbish service :notworthy:.[/quote]
They come at around 7 pm here and especially on warm days, I have an apparently-typical n00b American reaction: “oh goody, the ICE CREAM TRUCK!!” I am still not quite over the garbage truck playing music, loudly, but I’m not saying I dislike it. :newbie:

The real question is whether or not I will rush outside with a little bag of trash next time I’m home and the ice cream truck comes down our block… :roflmao:

I bet the times may have changed since 2002. :laughing:

The tunes certainly haven’t.

Sadly they have in Tainan. No more English language lessons.

But dude, you realize you were bringing back the dead with your post, don’t you? Archaeological project?

Just shaking out some site cobwebs.

How did you find such an ancient post to start with?

By going deep :bow:.

Though this week I am peeved with garbage. Around our neighbourhood they put out large bins on a couple of street corners every evening for food waste, rather than hang them off the back of the truck. So last night I walk 500m with a bucket-ful of peelings and off-cuts only to find that the bin was not there :bluemad:. Had to bring it all home. I hate messing with slop.

If there wasn’t enough garbage being discussed on this site we are now discussing real garbage!

Chuck it over the nearest fence!
( only joking)