Garbage problem

I come from the land of bylaws (Canada); a place where you can call the city to report your neighbor letting his lawn die and get gross and ugly (esp. if you pay condo fees.) I know this becuase my mother actually did it. The city people came out, issued a warning, told them if they didn’t do it within a week they would and send them a bill. The lawn got cut.

Now I’m in the land of filthopolis and every morning I have to wade through garbage flies because my neighbors have left 3 huge bags of trash out front to simmer and cure in this heat. They have been strategically placed between their old, broken washing machine, TV, chest of drawers, and freshly hung laundry.

Is there not someone I can call to MAKE them remove all this crap that not only stinks, but is about 10 feet from my own front door? Does Taipei city gov’t have any sort of bylaw against letting shit pile up? I’ve asked them to get rid of it and they won’t.

Ask around and find out who your neighborhood “leader” is. This person should be able to get the problem fixed. When they do, buy them a box of rolls/pastries, etc…cost maybe NT50 - 75 as thanks. It will pay off for you in the future.

If they can’t fix the prob, they can probably fins out who will get it taken care of.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Ask around and find out who your neighborhood “leader” is. This person should be able to get the problem fixed. When they do, buy them a box of rolls/pastries, etc…cost maybe NT50 - 75 as thanks. It will pay off for you in the future.

If they can’t fix the prob, they can probably fins out who will get it taken care of.[/quote]
Putting on my Comrade Stalin mask
You people just understand Chinese culture! :laughing:

I think too much

Look for the closest black Mercedes. Offer them a bottle of Scotch. All your troubles will be gone.

[quote]Putting on my Comrade Stalin mask
You people just understand Chinese culture! :laughing:[/quote]

Whatever happened to the good comrade?

Call the EPA and tell them … they’ll deal with it

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote]Putting on my Comrade Stalin mask
You people just understand Chinese culture! :laughing:[/quote]

Whatever happened to the good comrade?[/quote]

He suffered the same fate as Dr_Zoidberg, poor fellow.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote]Putting on my Comrade Stalin mask
You people just understand Chinese culture! :laughing:[/quote]Whatever happened to the good comrade?[/quote]
He has transformed from ‘good’ to ‘evil’…in a medically corrrect manner.

Followed the Pie’s suggestion and called the EPA. What a nice, helpful lot they are! Taipei just seems to be getting better and better. They connected me with a fluent English speaking person who listened to my complaint and took down my address and contact information. He called me back within an hour to tell me my case has been transfered to the Taipei EPA and gave me a file # to follow what happens via their website. He then told me to take pictures of the problem in case they end up taking it out.

EPA Eddy should be by this afternoon to deal with it. :slight_smile:

So what is it exactly about the Taiwanese that they love to wallow in their own shit?

This way you don’t need to do laundry, buy deodorants or use parfumes because everyone stinks the same … :smiley:

Taipei EPA 給你拍拍手!! :bravo:

They were out within a week of me reporting my trash hoarding neighbors and issued a pretty stern warning to them. By that evening, all their trash (save the broken TV, the broken washing machine, and broken helmets) was removed from outside their front door.

here is the link to their english website: epa.gov.tw/english/

i highly recommend by-passing the friendly neighbour buhauyisi dance and trying to rectify a stinky situation on your own. They don’t rat out who called them… so it’s all confidential.

[quote=“bushibanned”]Taipei EPA 給你拍拍手!! :bravo:

They were out within a week of me reporting my trash hoarding neighbors and issued a pretty stern warning to them. By that evening, all their trash (save the broken TV, the broken washing machine, and broken helmets) was removed from outside their front door.

here is the link to their English website: epa.gov.tw/English/

i highly recommend by-passing the friendly neighbour buhauyisi dance and trying to rectify a stinky situation on your own. They don’t rat out who called them… so it’s all confidential.[/quote]

That’s fantastic. I heard they were pretty good, but that’s some nice service. I am going to report the hillbillies who burn across te river from me all the time (at least 5 times a day though thankfully it is mostly leaves and brush) and some of the trash sights I have found up in the hills around me. Excellent. Good work scouting this out.

So you just called and they patched you through to someone who spoke English, right?

Right, MM. In an earlier post, bushibanned mentions that she was connected to someone who spoke Engish.