Garden supply store

Does anyone know of a place in the Taipei area that sells all sorts of gardening supplies?

I’ve been to the holiday farmer’s market, or whatever it’s called, near Da’an Senlin Gongyuan. Unfortunately, it’s only open during times when it’s inconvenient for me to go. Does anyone know a place open during the week?

Nei Hu flower market opens from 4 am to noon. M-Sa.
It’s a wholesale market, selling to the local shops, mainly, hence the odd hours.
It’s amazing to go in there and walk through all those fresh flowers. The plant side opens a bit later, around 6.
I can spend money there like it’s going out of style…

There is a “Weekend Flower Market” below the flyover near Ta’An park which also sells fresh flowers, plants and seeds.
Naturally this market opens only during weekends. You can find the exact location from any Taipei tourist map.
For accessories I would try B&Q, they have some garden tools and pots etc.

Da’an Senlin Gongyuan

Ups, that don’t happen to be the one I just mentioned!? Sorry, me no speak Chinese …

At the intersection of Ho Ping E Rd. and Keelung Rd. there is an excellent hardware store. They sell gardening supplies on the first floor (soil, tools, fertilizer etc.)

Alien – that sounds like a good place to check out for my g/f’s birthday – can’t go wrong with an institutional-sized bunch of roses. Many of the flowers at the Holiday Flower Market are wholesale in everything but price. Is that the case in Neihu too?

Soddom, preciate it. My landlord has given me scot free use of his rooftop, so I thought I’d get a few tomatoes going up there. There’s so much damn topiary and flowerpot gardening going on in this city, I KNEW there had to be gardening stores hidden somewhere.

Rascal, thanks for the echo!

[quote=“WanderingDave”]Alien – that sounds like a good place to check out for my g/f’s birthday – can’t go wrong with an institutional-sized bunch of roses. Many of the flowers at the Holiday Flower Market are wholesale in everything but price. Is that the case in Neihu too?
![/quote]

Big huge mass of white and purple, lovely smelling lilies was $280 last time I went. That was enough to fill three vases. I always keep them around my house to freshen up the place. And they last for around 12 days.
It’s something to do on the way home from a pub session on Friday nights. 4 am is just in time. Actually, it’s almost surreal being amongst the flowers like that. Last time I was surrounded by that many flowers was at the Medillin Flower festival in Medillin, Colombia.

Doesn’t B&Q carry these sorts of things? I’m not sure I haven’t been there in awhile…

Alien, where is the Neihu flower market? I’ve tried to find it several time unsuccessfully.