Garmin Edge 130

If you’re in the market for a new cycling GPS computer, Garmin’s Edge 130 might fit the bill.

In recent years after the Edge 520 and Edge 25, Garmin released some meh units including the 1030, 820 and…lights. Not many people thought that something could top the revolutionary Edge 500, but personally, I think the 520 did just that.

After reading some reviews, it seems like the 130 is here to give the 520 some competition. Aside from some features that I never…ever use on my 520, the 130 seems like it’s all I would ever need and ask for from a cycling computer. Multiple data screens, usage of Garmin Connect apps and one day when I venture into power meter land, it also supports power meters!

Priced at 199USD (5900NT), it’s at a pretty good price point. I would seriously consider it if my 520 was on the fritz…but it isn’t.

If you guys want to read more on it, DC rainmaker did a full in depth review:

Just out of interest, I saw you posted a pic’ the other day showing your Garmin screen with what looked like a speedometer screen. How’d you do that?

A few ways you can do it. Download through the market on your PC or through your Garmin Connect app (which will re-route you to the market)

Once you have it downloaded, need to sync your Garmin with Garmin Connect app, enable the app on your Garmin, devote one data screen to 1 field and when customizing the screen choose Connect IQ apps and choose MyEdge.

If the above didn’t make sense there’s a Youtube tutorial on the app info page that tells you how to set it up.

I also use Charts for race day. I like to have the numbers side by side instead of on top of each other. There’s really no major difference, it’s just that I have major issues :laughing:

Okay, thanks. Understood. I assumed it was on the device and I just hadn’t found it.

Can’t really be bothered with all that IQ stuff, so I’ll stick with what I know. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever since I bought my 520, I’ve always wanted 3 fields and the 4th field at the bottom split in half, but Garmin never had that option until you’ve picked a total of 7 fields (I think?), but then the numbers get way too tiny and I’d rather not be using that extra strength to squint at the numbers.

Funny because the MyEdge app’s numbers are smaller than the regular Garmin data fields. I normally use MyEdge to see my current and max/avg speed indicators on the dial. Numbers too small so I have to use extra energy to squint? I have issues, don’t listen to me. :crazy_face: