Gatorade crystal powder

Where can it be found here? i prefer blue or anything non red/orange, but wont get too picky. i never see it at costco or stores, anyone see it here?

I have never seen Gatorade brand powder here. I have seen 10 different flavors of Tang at Philippine groceries.

I have started drinking a blend of honey and apple cider vinegar with water. I think the result is less sugar added (I haven’t compared the amounts of liquid honey and powder tang) and the health benefits of vinegar.

1 Like

does tang have the same salts used when heavy physical activity is being done? thats why i want gatorade, or powerade, because i lose so much water i cant just drink water to replace it as i feel shitty all day everyday, but gatorade i found i can actually feel almost normal after drinking, and for the first time in i dont know how long my pee isnt yellow…

At one point I thought about baby drinks for electrolytes but then figured its probably formulated differently for babies rather than dehydrated adults, and i want a foreign brand as the image of Taiwan food safety is completely ruined for me.

Pocari Sweat works for me: you can get powdered mixes at Wellcome, I think, as well as at hiking shops. Mind you, the effectiveness may all be in my head, but whatever - if the placebo works, I’ll use it, and it does give me that “actually feel almost normal” sense that you describe.

Note that the “replenish salts” idea may be scientifically bunk. Quoted from Gretchen Reynolds’s The First 20 Minutes:

The same writer’s blog entry “Are Sports Drinks Actually Good for Kids?” makes the point that the main value of sports drinks is that they’re tasty, and therefore we’ll drink more - which may be necessary to remain hydrated. Perhaps usefully for you, that post also includes a homemade sports drink recipe:

[quote]Sports drink recipe from “Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook”
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup hot water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 1/2 cups cold water

In a quart pitcher, dissolve the sugar and salt in the hot water. Add the remaining ingredients and the cold water. The drink contains about 50 calories and 110 mg of sodium per 8 ounces, approximately the same as for most sports drinks.[/quote]

This is true for me. I drink water sometimes but I drink more flavored drinks. Even if it is the strange blend of apple cider vinegar and honey. It is an acquired taste though.

Pingdong - Based on previous threads I’m concerned that you are still drinking too much sugar. Last year I think you said you were drinking multiple liters of OJ and now it seems that you have replaced that with gatorade powder. I’m not sure if Tang has the salts like Gatorade but I would try it at least since it’s available cheap whereas Gatorade and Pocari are very expensive here.

Bump: just on the off-chance, has Gatorade powder mix shown up anywhere in Taiwan in the past seven years? Or other powdered sports drink mixes, beyond the tiny sachets of Pocari Sweat powder available at many supermarkets?