Gay man wants to be dad

I want to be a dad, where can I find surrogate mother in Taiwan ?

I think surrogacy is illegal in Taiwan. You could lose custody of the child. Try going abroad. There are some Russian and Southeast Asian agencies that advertise to Taiwanese. California and Canada probably have the best legal environment for a same-sex couple.

Surrogacy is indeed illegal in Taiwan.

Suspects arrested and charged for offering surrogacy services in Taiwan

Taiwan meets to finalize long-stalled surrogate draft act

I hope this isn’t the gay men I’ve been reading about that want foreign looking kids by surrogates :no-no: . Besides it’s well known that surrogacy is illegal in Taiwan, not only illegal, it’s also illegal to offer information on surrogacy to people in Taiwan or to run an agency for such.

Wait a sec, is it illegal to give information about surrogacy services offered abroad, where it is legal? O_o

well if the people or website offering the info are based in taiwan you can be prosecuted,

Perhaps you would share with us just what it is you have read, because at the moment you are kinda standing on the edge of the cliff of homophobia.

surrogacy is illegal in Taiwan…thanks for the links Northcoast Surfer.

Thread locked

[color=#008000]Moderator’s note: Thread unlocked as requested. Surrogacy is illegal in Taiwan and discussion on this is welcomed. Any posts with advice on circumventing the law or links to online surrogacy agencies will be removed: policy.forumosa.com/illegal-activities/[/color]

Perhaps you would share with us just what it is you have read, because at the moment you are kinda standing on the edge of the cliff of homophobia.[/quote]

Nothing of the sort. Gay guy comes on Internet forum that foreigners use looking for surrogacy. Have heard of rich closet homosexuals (doctors in particular for some reason) importing multiple blonde haired children through surrogacy agencies in the former Soviet republics. I mean it’s probably not common but that’s what has happened , they say surrogacy but its more like buying a made to order kid isn’t it.

Are there any laws against a gay man adopting a child?

Perhaps you would share with us just what it is you have read, because at the moment you are kinda standing on the edge of the cliff of homophobia.[/quote]

Nothing of the sort. Gay guy comes on Internet forum that foreigners use looking for surrogacy. Have heard of rich closet homosexuals (doctors in particular for some reason) importing multiple blonde haired children through surrogacy agencies in the former Soviet republics. I mean it’s probably not common but that’s what has happened , they say surrogacy but its more like buying a made to order kid isn’t it.[/quote]

Plenty of people who adopt and/or seek surrogacy have specific criterion, from age to sex to race. For a variety of reasons. There are unwanted children of all ethnicities. If OP intends to love and raise the child in a caring home, more power to him and his future child regardless of whether he wants one which is Asian, Eurasian, or some other ethnic makeup.

I have no information for you, OP, but good luck in your efforts.

My question about the Taiwanese law still stands: is it legal to advise about surrogacy in other countries as a private person? As in telling someone “go to country XX, ask for agency YY”?

Nothing of the sort. Gay guy comes on Internet forum that foreigners use looking for surrogacy. Have heard of rich closet homosexuals (doctors in particular for some reason) importing multiple blonde haired children through surrogacy agencies in the former Soviet republics. I mean it’s probably not common but that’s what has happened , they say surrogacy but its more like buying a made to order kid isn’t it.[/quote]

Plenty of people who adopt and/or seek surrogacy have specific criterion, from age to sex to race. For a variety of reasons. There are unwanted children of all ethnicities. If OP intends to love and raise the child in a caring home, more power to him and his future child regardless of whether he wants one which is Asian, Eurasian, or some other ethnic makeup.

I have no information for you, OP, but good luck in your efforts.[/quote]

Well made to order blonde kids is weird to me and I would never agree with it, not sure what is really going on with this one though. Anyway it is illegal to promote this here or to provide info on such services. You can be fined and prosecuted.

I’m certainly not promoting it, and I have no information to provide.

Keeping in mind that OP has expressed no specific desire in terms of ethnicity.

I’m not sure I would characterize it as “made to order.” Do you feel the same way about gay women or straight couples who seek artificial insemination? That they should not have information about the male who the sperm came from and the ability to choose between them based on traits they find important?

Every person who has a child practices selective breeding, most of us just practice it by choosing a mate with qualities we like. Some guys prefer blondes and their children have a generally higher chance of being blonde. Why should it be different for people who don’t have the easy option of just commingling their DNA with that of the person they love?

I said I don’t agree with it as it especially in this country where folks are often focused on race so superficially, look at how a lot of dogs are treated here for an idea, what happens if the kid they order doesn’t look like what they want or is used as some type of status symbol, I don’t need to explain much beyond that, but obviously there will be different opinions in this.

I’ve seen other cases where guys were marrying Eastern Europeans to have mixed kids and then the family would get rid of the baby breeder afterwards and of course non nationals are on the backfoot with parent rights here.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks. :beer:

Thank you for qualifying what you mean. The sentence above specifically mentions gay men as taking part in a practice you disagree with. As lesbian and straight couples also engage in this practice your sentence looks like you only disagree with gay men engaging in the practice. I’m sure you can see what I mean, and you can see how such a sentence can be interpreted. :sunglasses:

I don’t really care, I’m just calling it as I heard, then again it was Taiwanese media.