Same Sex Marriage

cUNts

1 Like

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

what total bastard china cucks.

ok i reverse my stance. the taiwan first gay marriage in asia was a good move, because you cannot get away with calling taiwan part of china and also saying taiwan has gay marriage. it makes no logical sense. good move taiwan.

3 Likes
1 Like

How to lose friends and influence people.

https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20191026003285-260405?fbclid=IwAR12EvMRFKXjmP4FJBLGhcFtFneaDedyE4IYn_iGN0GHuSA4arFV-2M2EoY&chdtv

5 Likes

Reminds me of this time last year when China said no new CCP Virus cases nationwide, and taiwan.said they had xx junber of new cases. Pointing ot common sense is fun, but falls upon deaf ears it seems.

The UN is already obsolete. Hopefully we can get an upgraded version of such a good idea without another world war. But somehow, i doubt it…

2 Likes

Same sex adoption was legalised this morning with barely any reporting. That was so random.

6 Likes

Whoaaa! Great news, @Gain !
We don’t plan on adopting, but I’m happy for all the other LGBT couples that will finally be able to have kids :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Probable reason to not publicize it well is that religious nutjobs will come out to oppose it.

1 Like

let them come. I will be there to face their hatred, and so will most of my friends.

2 Likes

An English article, in case anyone is interested:

3 Likes

Taiwan’s legislature has passed an amendment that will expand the rights of LGBTQ couples to adopt children.

TaiwanPlus speaks about the significance of the amendment with Fang Chi, Director of Public Policy at Taiwan Alliance to Promote Civil Partnership Rights.

3 Likes

Times change

Support for same-sex marriage has increased to over 60 percent of Taiwan’s population since the government legalized it in 2019.

2 Likes

60% is too low tbh. It should be >90%.

And the funny thing is same sex adoption support is higher which i find surprising. I would assume the homophobic wackjobs would oppose it more.

1 Like

What it should be is irrelevant, isn’t it? Being the only East Asian country that allows gay marriage is the thing. 60 percent is very impressive.

Where are you ever going to get 90 percent support? Brighton or San Francisco?

There are different polls but it’s usually >80% in Scandinavian countries, the Netherlands etc.

I think it’s because Taiwanese are very live and let live in general… probably have to do with Confucianism. Like very few Taiwanese cares what some other consenting adults do behind closed doors, whereas in the West they like to moralize stuff.

1 Like

The Thai capital Bangkok celebrated Pride on Sunday as hopes run high that a progressive new prime minister could push ahead with same-sex marriage legislation.

3 Likes

As long as you have a large population that isn’t mentally homogeneous, you’re never really going to get 100% support for anything. What do you suppose the numbers would be if they asked questions like do you support opposite sex marriage?

Just sayin’. :2cents: