Same Sex Marriage

3708055882_e11052e6a9

jolin-tsai

I can barely keep up with her 手術

1 Like

I think she looks better pre-op. I think there’s something wrong with me.

Our photographers have pictures of the people at the parade, like, a thousand. There are families, there are elderly, there are bunches of young people. The crossderessers and the half naked bears occupy a spot but they are not the overwhelming majority. Many people wear costumes because they haven´t come out to their families and it helps them to get half naked to express their desire of freedom to be as they really are, or so I have been told.

I do undertsnd what you say and fear whetehr Taiwan is really ready for this. One of my favorite Taiwanese singers is gay and married with children and hides his affections from te world. I´d still prefer if he could live like Ricky Martin, married to his same sex partner and children. But in order to get there you need the legal protection, and that is what this law tries to do.

now that we’re onto singers… let’s list our favorite Taiwanese singers with children…
ladies first. let’s see… how about @icon to lead us off

I also think pushing the narrative of people who believe marriage is between a man and women are extremists, hateful, bigots, anti LGBT, and stuff will just make people double down on their stance. I’m sure there are those hateful types, and also trying to blame it on christians who make up a small populations of the vote will just further make people be against it.

Chayanne, Ricky Martin, Juan Luis Guerra, Carlos Vives, …

Or you mean Taiwanese?

How could someone with a name like that possibly be gay? Whoa, just saw that his real name is Elmer! :astonished:

The thing is that a lot of the campaign against same sex marriage pushed by the so called “Christian” groups was far more hateful and ignorant than possibly bearable. They were also heavily funded by US groups rather than locals, which is also a stinker. So calling their message hateful is actually not far from accurate.

3 Likes

Oh no, they are not gay, well, not all, and especially not Chayanne!

You said list singers, not gay singers!

Now you’re telling me he’s not gay? I don’t believe it.

your list of favorite male, married Taiwanese singers with children… as it relates to areas of a room…say, a closet

Most christians I know bare zero hate for gay people. But here is the thing, to christians, the bible is the direct word of God. The bible is clear on marriage between a man and women in the eyes of God. So to do otherwise is to directly disobey God. But the question is how do you treat gay people, and should there be a distinction between the ceremonial marriage of the christian tradition and the civil legal union approved by the state. This is the conversation the LGBT community is not having with Christians, I think they should try to understand this. If the LGBT community argues for the distinction between state approved marriage and the ceremonial christian marriage, I think a lot of people would be completely open as Taiwan’s laws and legal traditions are not really directly based on Christian traditions.

And also, it’s not like Taiwan is a major Christian country, it has way more to do with cultural norms here. And also which religious countries are the ones who hold extreme views on homosexuality? In malaysia, a moderate muslim country, homosexuality in punishable by public caning. How do you think the majority of muslims in Taiwan voted?

That is his SON!!!

And BTW, look at that body. :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

No. While the closet should be only for clothes, we shoulodn´t make fun of an unfortunate soul who lives in Narnia.

1 Like

Eeww. :sunglasses:

Other than the six-packs, they both look kinda creepy.

I have been a devoted fan since I was 8 years old. He is and has been always gorgeous.

I don’t get it. He’s not hairy at all. :wink:

So you are one of those ppl who didn’t even know what they were voting about? :roll:

The referendum was about whether gay marriage should be legalised in the civil code or in a separate act. If you don’t even know what you’re voting for maybe you should stop voting.

Well, yes.

I didn’t vote in the referendum. Neither did you.

The thing is Taiwan is not a Christian country. So marriage in Taiwan is not marriage in the face of God or in the eyes of the Church. It’s simply the union of two people. So all those arguments about the bible says marriage is the union of a man and woman are irrelevant. Individual churches can choose not to celebrate gay marriage if they like.

3 Likes