Same Sex Marriage

That’s what I’m saying. Make that distinction.

Well maybe you should refrain from voting for good if you couldn’t even grasp something as basic as a referendum proposal.

Why are you so grumpy all the time.

I’m being rational. There’s nothing wrong with abstinence, but if you’re voting the very least you could do is to UNDERSTAND what the proposal really is.

So I didn’t vote because I’m not in the country. So I didn’t go read the entire thing.

“Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

Is there actually supposed to be a point to that?

1 Like

Question: I’m a man married to a woman. Under the new law, could I also (since gay marriage is a separate law from regular marriage) gay-marry a man, without divorcing the wife? And then would our wives also be gay-married by the transitive principle?

No you can’t, and the new bill doesn’t apply to foreigners yet because of private international law issues.

That’s totally valid

Now that’s just silly. Of the 3 videos I posted from Jolin’s channel, none featured Jolin talking.

In fact, the first video is a documentary featuring Ye Yung-zhi’s mother. Ye was a junior high student who was constantly bullied for being gay. One day after going to the restroom during class Ye never returned. His classmates and teacher found him bleeding to in the restroom with severe head injury.

However, it was difficult to determine the cause of his death due to the cover up by the school. They went as far as removing all evidence and blood from the scene before the police could get there.

Ye’s death became a rally cry for LGBT equality education in schools. Mrs. Ye became a motivational figure in equal rights, taking time away from her banana farm to encourage LGBT kids to be themselves.

By sharing the injustice suffered by Mrs. Ye and her son on her YouTube channel, Jolin brought awareness of prejudice out of the LGBT community to the public.

What Jolin did is meaningful and effective, and she didn’t have to so it and risk backlash, especially when China is very much against equal rights for the LGBT community.

1 Like

So why force the Bible’s definition of marriage on to the state’s definition of marriage?

Taiwan’s marriage laws has nothing to do with Christianity. The majority of weddings (like over 90%) also don’t get officiated by a priest.

They’re foreigners, so they can’t vote.

As for those few who are citizens… please tell us if you find out. :slight_smile:

How is that not already the case in Taiwan?

How do you create a distinction between two things that are already distinct?

2 Likes

In other news:

The OP article links to a Reuters article, but that link doesn’t work.

It’s currently the first news item on the EY’s website, but it’s one of those websites that creates links that don’t work, so…

Here are direct links to the PDF’s, just in case they work:

討一 法務部新聞稿.pdf
https://www.ey.gov.tw/File/E123DE7E92B477DE?A=C

討一法條 司法院釋字第748號解釋施行法草案.pdf
https://www.ey.gov.tw/File/271D3442B7FBCDBF?A=C

討一 法務部懶人包.pdf
https://www.ey.gov.tw/File/AC84CFA30134651A?A=C

[/quote]

Taiwan has a large Taiwanese Muslin community as does China. They are against it. I can take you to the mosque on Hsin Sheng Road if you are interested in learning more about Islam and it’s views on homosexuality.

60k?

It’s not that big

No, Art. 7 clearly prohibits this.

Here’s the Art. 2 definition they keep referring to:

Art. 26 may be of particular interest to Andrew:

Since unregistered marriages aren’t valid anyway (unless someone has evidence to the contrary), this seems superfluous and written just to appease certain petitioners. However, if there was any fear that religious organizations could be sued for defamation as a result of their campaigning, or that bakers could be sued for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes, this should give them some protection.

The notion that the majority of Muslims in Taiwan are not in favor of gay marriage is not far fetched. What I find hard to believe is that the majority of Muslims in Taiwan are not foreigners.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please share. :slight_smile:

What pieces of fabric think about all this is another question. :ponder:

1 Like

Why should we care if they are against it?

Yeah, here I thought Taiwanese marriages were just about trying to collect as many hong bao as possible while going through the motions of visiting future in-laws and drinking tea and the like. Not much is Christian about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was this already posted?

Taiwan, British gay couple, 51 years apart in age, wed amid blessings