Same Sex Marriage

that is because there was no way other than that yet.

If i’m born with a single mom and feel this way, then what? Or if im born with a biological father and having hundreds of biological siblings, would i feel i have more right than being born with same sex parents?

Might be because gay marriage is only legal in some countries, and they’re anticipating situations in which somebody is legally married here but not there. Or worse, legally married to a man here and a woman there.

Have you ever met a kid what really wished they had 2 moms or dads? It’s not rare for adopted children of same sex couples to say they wanted a mom and a dad. I went to school and played baseball with a guy with 2 moms. It was a subject no one wanted to bring up because he was pretty sensitive about it. He told me he wished he wasn’t adopted and wish he had and knew his mom and dad. It kind of messed him up a bit, and he was always trying to prove he wasn’t gay to us. Even though we didn’t think he was gay, he was super sensitive about his sexuality.

You would still have a biological mom and dad wouldn’t you. Just because less than optimal situations are out there, doesn’t mean we should lower the standard for what the best for children. Even if it hurts the feelings of same sex couples. The feelings of children are more important to me.

Is the wants and needs of a child more or less important than the adults? Answer me this.

how can you know the feelings of unborn children?

1 Like

Feelings of born children tando…come on.

This makes no sense. Kids want lots of things. Wanting something doesn’t make it a right.

1 Like

Wanting to be safe and not abused is not a right? Some wants are certainly rights. It makes sense. Don’t call it a right if you don’t want. But it is something they would never have. If you don’t question whether it’s something they should have, i don’t think your interest is in what’s best for children.

there has been no child born from dad and dad or mom and mom, right?

Like I always say–if we let the gays get married, then next thing you know, they’ll be wanting to have GAY SEX, and then where will we be?

No.

We’d be back in the stone age. I didn’t get where I am today having gay sex.

We’ve been over this multiple times. But it has nothing to do with my question about the specific point you raise here about a “right to a biological mother and father”. You’re all over the place in your other replies as well.

Because it is not the most optimal situation. Plus we can’t predict what will happen to them mentally and physically. Even the scientist who first shown it is possible with rats acknowledged this is a ethical dilemma. We don’t know what will happen without making a bunch of kids this way and seeing how it works out.

There is a long long list of things drugs and procedures that past animal testing and never make it out of human trials. It is a ethical problem since kids being born this way have no choice and say.

You don’t think there is at least some ethical dilemma as well with depriving someone of having a biological mom and dad?

Some kids’ biological moms and/or dads are not very nice people, and/or they don’t want to be in their child’s lives at all. If my mom or dad were drug addicts or abusive, I should like to be “deprived” of them and given over to the care of a couple of decent people.

1 Like

Again, you and many others have said this. Just because there are less than optimal situations out there, does not mean we should lower the standard. It’s a argument fallacy.

How do trans parents factor into your idea of an optimal parenting situation? Genuinely curious.

I have a couple of friends who are married and who foster children. They have a stable relationship and they are very much in love. One of them is a ciswoman and the other is a trans man. If you looked at him, you would never know he wasn’t born a cisman. The children they foster almost certainly wouldn’t be able to tell the difference unless they were explicitly told, and I don’t know that this information is ever shared with them. They are objectively incredible parents who positively impact the lives of every child that comes into their care.

Does this fit with your idea of an optimal situation?

If it is ok that heterosex couples have children no matther how their situation are improper, why same sex couple should not be allowed to have kids just because it might not be an optimal situation?

Probably not, but I said it is possible to try to emulate the roles of a mom or dad.

Adults should take the burden of fitting into the wants and need of the child, not the other way around.

Why not, if they can’t even tell the difference?

What makes up a “mom” role? A “dad” role?

I think most good parents in general realize this. I’m not sure how this relates.